Maximization of sums of quotients of quadratic forms and some generalizations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pieter Kroonenberg & Jan Leeuw, 1980. "Principal component analysis of three-mode data by means of alternating least squares algorithms," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 69-97, March.
- Roger Millsap & William Meredith, 1988. "Component analysis in cross-sectional and longitudinal data," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 123-134, March.
- Henk Kiers, 1991. "Simple structure in component analysis techniques for mixtures of qualitative and quantitative variables," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 197-212, June.
- Roderick McDonald & Yukihiko Torii & Shizuhiko Nishisato, 1979. "Some results on proper eigenvalues and eigenvectors with applications to scaling," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 211-227, June.
- Henk Kiers, 1990. "Majorization as a tool for optimizing a class of matrix functions," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 417-428, September.
- Roderick McDonald, 1968. "A unified treatment of the weighting problem," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 33(3), pages 351-381, September.
- Henk Kiers & Jos Berge, 1992. "Minimization of a class of matrix trace functions by means of refined majorization," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 371-382, September.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226316529 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammed Bennani Dosse & Jos Berge, 2010. "Anisotropic Orthogonal Procrustes Analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 27(1), pages 111-128, March.
- Albers, C.J. & Critchley, F. & Gower, J.C., 2011. "Quadratic minimisation problems in statistics," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 698-713, March.
- Patrick Groenen & Bart-Jan Os & Jacqueline Meulman, 2000. "Optimal scaling by alternating length-constrained nonnegative least squares, with application to distance-based analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 65(4), pages 511-524, December.
- Kiers, Henk A. L., 2002. "Setting up alternating least squares and iterative majorization algorithms for solving various matrix optimization problems," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 157-170, November.
More about this item
Keywordsgeneralized principal components analysis; generalized discriminant analysis; binormamin; simple structure rotation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:60:y:1995:i:2:p:221-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.