A new method for generating families of continuous distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- M. Jones, 2004. "Families of distributions arising from distributions of order statistics," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 13(1), pages 1-43, June.
- Ferreira, Jose T.A.S. & Steel, Mark F.J., 2006.
"A Constructive Representation of Univariate Skewed Distributions,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 823-829, June.
- Jose T.A.S. Ferreira & Mark F.J. Steel, 2004. "A Constructive Representation of Univariate Skewed Distributions," Econometrics 0403002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spt:stecon:v:6:y:2017:i:4:f:6_4_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Indranil Ghosh & Saralees Nadarajah, 2017. "On some further properties and application of Weibull-R family of distributions," Papers 1711.00171, arXiv.org.
- repec:spr:jstada:v:4:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40488-017-0081-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:reensy:v:176:y:2018:i:c:p:13-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cícero R. B. Dias & Gauss M. Cordeiro & Morad Alizadeh & Pedro Rafael Diniz Marinho & Hemílio Fernandes Campos Coêlho, 2016. "Exponentiated Marshall-Olkin family of distributions," Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-21, December.
- repec:spr:compst:v:33:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s00180-017-0780-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. C. Jones, 2015. "On Families of Distributions with Shape Parameters," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 83(2), pages 175-192, August.
- repec:spr:jstada:v:4:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40488-017-0079-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Alzaatreh, Ayman & Famoye, Felix & Lee, Carl, 2014. "The gamma-normal distribution: Properties and applications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 67-80.
- repec:bpj:ecqcon:v:33:y:2018:i:1:p:23-29:n:6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayman Alzaatreh & Carl Lee & Felix Famoye & Indranil Ghosh, 2016. "The generalized Cauchy family of distributions with applications," Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Francesca Condino & Filippo Domma, 2017. "A new distribution function with bounded support: the reflected generalized Topp-Leone power series distribution," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 75(1), pages 51-68, April.
- Muhammad H Tahir & Gauss M. Cordeiro, 2016. "Compounding of distributions: a survey and new generalized classes," Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-35, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHazard function; Pearson system; Beta-family; Generalized distribution; Entropy; Shannon entropy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metron:v:71:y:2013:i:1:p:63-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.