Old and new methods of estimation and the pareto distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip Armour & Richard V. Burkhauser & Jeff Larrimore, 2016.
"Using The Pareto Distribution To Improve Estimates Of Topcoded Earnings,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(2), pages 1263-1273, April.
- Philip Armour & Richard V. Burkhauser & Jeff Larrimore, 2014. "Using The Pareto Distribution To Improve Estimates Of Topcoded Earnings," Working Papers 14-21, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Philip Armour & Richard V. Burkhauser & Jeff Larrimore, 2014. "Using the Pareto Distribution to Improve Estimates of Topcoded Earnings," NBER Working Papers 19846, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Andreoli & Eugenio Peluso, 2017. "So close yet so unequal: Reconsidering spatial inequality in U.S. cities," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def055, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Bianchi, Carlo & Cirillo, Pasquale & Gallegati, Mauro & Vagliasindi, Pietro A., 2008. "Validation in agent-based models: An investigation on the CATS model," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 947-964, September.
- Carlo Bianchi & Pasquale Cirillo & Mauro Gallegati & Pietro Vagliasindi, 2007.
"Validating and Calibrating Agent-Based Models: A Case Study,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 245-264, October.
- Pasquale Cirillo & Carlo Bianchi & Mauro Gallegati & Pietro Vagliasindi, 2006. "Validating and Calibrating Agent-based Models: a Case Study," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 277, Society for Computational Economics.
- Goerlich, Francisco José & Mas, Matilde, 2008.
"Sobre el tamaño de las ciudades en España. Dos reflexiones y una regularidad empírica,"
15798, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2008.
- Goerlich Gisbert Francisco J. & Mas Ivars Matilde, 2008. "Sobre el tamaño de las ciudades en España: Dos reflexiones y una regularidad empírica," Working Papers 201079, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Stephen P. Jenkins, 2017.
"Pareto Models, Top Incomes and Recent Trends in UK Income Inequality,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 84(334), pages 261-289, April.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 2016. "Pareto Models, Top Incomes, and Recent Trends in UK Income Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 10124, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 2017. "Pareto models, top incomes, and recent trends in UK income inequality," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67667, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen P Jenkins, 2016. "Pareto models, top incomes, and recent trends in UK income inequality," STICERD - Public Economics Programme Discussion Papers 30, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., 2016. "Pareto models, top incomes, and recent trends in UK income inequality," ISER Working Paper Series 2016-07, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Daniel R. Feenberg & James M. Poterba, 1993.
"Income Inequality and the Incomes of Very High-Income Taxpayers: Evidence from Tax Returns,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 7, pages 145-177
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenberg, D.R. & Poterba, J.M., 1992. "Income Inequality and the Incomes of Very High Income Taxpayers: Evidence from Tax Returns," Working papers 92-16, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Daniel Feenberg & James Poterba, 1992. "Income Inequality and the Incomes of Very High Income Taxpayers: Evidence from Tax Returns," NBER Working Papers 4229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ANDREOLI Francesco & PELUSO Eugenio, 2017. "So close yet so unequal: Spatial inequality in American cities," LISER Working Paper Series 2017-11, LISER.
- Sebastien TERRA, 2009. "Zipf's Law for Cities: On a New Testing Procedure," Working Papers 200920, CERDI.
- Hai-Lin Lu & Shin-Hwa Tao, 2007. "The Estimation of Pareto Distribution by a Weighted Least Square Method," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 913-926, December.
- H. Malik, 1970. "Estimation of the parameters of the Pareto distribution," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 126-132, December.
- H. Malik, 1970. "Distribution of product statistics from a Pareto population," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 19-22, December.
- Francesco Andreoli & Eugenio Peluso, 2018. "So close yet so unequal: Neighborhood inequality in American cities," Working Papers ecineq2018-477, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Wang, Yuanjun & You, Shibing, 2016. "An alternative method for modeling the size distribution of top wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 457(C), pages 443-453.
- Ding Ding & Chung-Piaw Teo, 2010. "World container port throughput follows lognormal distribution," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 401-426, July.
- Walid Abu-Dayyeh & Aissa Assrhani & Kamarulzaman Ibrahim, 2013. "Estimation of the shape and scale parameters of Pareto distribution using ranked set sampling," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 207-225, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:10:y:1966:i:1:p:55-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.