Old and new methods of estimation and the pareto distribution
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (1966)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/journal/184/PS2|
- H. Malik, 1970. "Estimation of the parameters of the Pareto distribution," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 126-132, December.
- Philip Armour & Richard V. Burkhauser & Jeff Larrimore, 2016.
"Using The Pareto Distribution To Improve Estimates Of Topcoded Earnings,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(2), pages 1263-1273, 04.
- Philip Armour & Richard V. Burkhauser & Jeff Larrimore, 2014. "Using The Pareto Distribution To Improve Estimates Of Topcoded Earnings," Working Papers 14-21, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Philip Armour & Richard V. Burkhauser & Jeff Larrimore, 2014. "Using the Pareto Distribution to Improve Estimates of Topcoded Earnings," NBER Working Papers 19846, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francesco Andreoli & Eugenio Peluso, 2017. "So close yet so unequal: Reconsidering spatial inequality in U.S. cities," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def055, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- H. Malik, 1970. "Distribution of product statistics from a Pareto population," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 19-22, December.
- Bianchi, Carlo & Cirillo, Pasquale & Gallegati, Mauro & Vagliasindi, Pietro A., 2008. "Validation in agent-based models: An investigation on the CATS model," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 947-964, September.
- Daniel R. Feenberg & James M. Poterba, 1993. "Income Inequality and the Incomes of Very High-Income Taxpayers: Evidence from Tax Returns," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 7, pages 145-177 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenberg, D.R. & Poterba, J.M., 1992. "Income Inequality and the Incomes of Very High Income Taxpayers: Evidence from Tax Returns," Working papers 92-16, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Daniel Feenberg & James Poterba, 1992. "Income Inequality and the Incomes of Very High Income Taxpayers: Evidence from Tax Returns," NBER Working Papers 4229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlo Bianchi & Pasquale Cirillo & Mauro Gallegati & Pietro Vagliasindi, 2007. "Validating and Calibrating Agent-Based Models: A Case Study," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 245-264, October.
- Pasquale Cirillo & Carlo Bianchi & Mauro Gallegati & Pietro Vagliasindi, 2006. "Validating and Calibrating Agent-based Models: a Case Study," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 277, Society for Computational Economics.
- Goerlich, Francisco José & Mas, Matilde, 2008. "Sobre el tamaño de las ciudades en España. Dos reflexiones y una regularidad empírica," MPRA Paper 15798, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2008.
- Goerlich Gisbert Francisco J. & Mas Ivars Matilde, 2008. "Sobre el tamaño de las ciudades en España: Dos reflexiones y una regularidad empírica," Working Papers 201079, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Wang, Yuanjun & You, Shibing, 2016. "An alternative method for modeling the size distribution of top wealth," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 457(C), pages 443-453.
- Sebastien TERRA, 2009. "Zipf's Law for Cities: On a New Testing Procedure," Working Papers 200920, CERDI.
- Walid Abu-Dayyeh & Aissa Assrhani & Kamarulzaman Ibrahim, 2013. "Estimation of the shape and scale parameters of Pareto distribution using ranked set sampling," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 207-225, February.
- Hai-Lin Lu & Shin-Hwa Tao, 2007. "The Estimation of Pareto Distribution by a Weighted Least Square Method," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 913-926, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:10:y:1966:i:1:p:55-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed