Happiness in the Garden of Epicurus
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2003. "Hedonism and Happiness," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 437-457, December.
- Christopher Peterson & Nansook Park & Martin Seligman, 2005. "Orientations to happiness and life satisfaction: the full life versus the empty life," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 25-41, March.
- Allison Abbe & Chris Tkach & Sonja Lyubomirsky, 2003. "The Art of Living by Dispositionally Happy People," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 385-404, December.
- Lillard, L.A. & Waite, L.J., 1996. "Marital Disruption and Mortality," Papers 96-01, RAND - Reprint Series.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- W. Hallam & C. Olsson & M. O’Connor & M. Hawkins & J. Toumbourou & G. Bowes & R. McGee & A. Sanson, 2014. "Association Between Adolescent Eudaimonic Behaviours and Emotional Competence in Young Adulthood," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 15(5), pages 1165-1177, October.
- Annie Austin, 2016. "On Well-Being and Public Policy: Are We Capable of Questioning the Hegemony of Happiness?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 123-138, May.
- Fabio Zagonari, 2011. "Which Ethics Will Make us Individually and Socially Happier? A Cross-Culture and Cross-Development Analytical Model," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 77-103, March.
- repec:spr:jhappi:v:19:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10902-017-9853-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. M. Hutchinson & J. A. Macdonald & W. T. Hallam & R. K. Leung & J. W. Toumbourou & R. McGee & G. Tooley & S. A. Hemphill & H. Skouteris & C. A. Olsson, 2016. "Care Orientation in the Teens as a Predictor of Young Adult Psychosocial Adjustment," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 2051-2076, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEpicurus; Happiness; Advice; Ascetic; Hedonism; Marriage; Life style;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:9:y:2008:i:3:p:397-423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.