Are the Russians as Unhappy as they say they are?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lena Malesevic Perovic, 2010. "Life Satisfaction in Croatia," Croatian Economic Survey, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb, vol. 12(1), pages 45-81, April.
- Linz, Susan J. & Semykina, Anastasia, 2010. "Perceptions of economic insecurity: Evidence from Russia," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 357-385, December.
- Popova, Olga, 2014.
"Can religion insure against aggregate shocks to happiness? The case of transition countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 804-818.
- Olga Popova, 2010. "Can Religion Insure against Aggregate Shocks to Happiness? The Case of Transition Countries," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp425, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Malcolm Dowling & Yap Chin-Fang, 2006. "Homeostasis and Well Being," Development Economics Working Papers 22077, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Stefano Bartolini & Małgorzata Mikucka & Francesco Sarracino, 2017.
"Money, Trust and Happiness in Transition Countries: Evidence from Time Series,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 87-106, January.
- BARTOLINI Stefano & MIKUCKA Malgorzata & SARRACINO Francesco, 2012. "Money, Trust and Happiness in Transition Countries: Evidence from Time Series," LISER Working Paper Series 2012-04, LISER.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2010. "Greater Happiness for a Greater Number," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 11(5), pages 605-629, October.
- Devrim Dumludag, 2014. "Satisfaction and comparison income in transition and developed economies," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 61(2), pages 127-152, June.
- repec:spr:jhappi:v:18:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10902-016-9754-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peiro, Amado, 2006. "Happiness, satisfaction and socio-economic conditions: Some international evidence," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 348-365, April.
- Ahmed Abdel-Khalek, 2004. "Research Note: Happiness among Kuwaiti College Students," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 93-97, March.
- Easterlin, Richard A., 2009. "Lost in transition: Life satisfaction on the road to capitalism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 130-145, August.
- David Dorn & Justina Fischer & Gebhard Kirchgässner & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2007. "Is It Culture or Democracy? The Impact of Democracy and Culture on Happiness," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 82(3), pages 505-526, July.
- Easterlin, Richard A. & Plagnol, Anke C., 2008.
"Life satisfaction and economic conditions in East and West Germany pre- and post-unification,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 433-444, December.
- Richard A. Easterlin & Anke C. Zimmermann, 2008. "Life Satisfaction and Economic Conditions in East and West Germany Pre- and Post-Unification," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 95, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Devrim Dumludag & Ozge Gokdemir & Selay Giray, 2016. "Income comparison, collectivism and life satisfaction in Turkey," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 955-980, May.
- Richard Easterlin, 2002. "Is Reported Happiness Five Years Ago Comparable to Present Happiness? A Cautionary Note," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 193-198, June.
- Graham, Carol & Eggers, Andrew & Sukhtankar, Sandip, 2004. "Does happiness pay?: An exploration based on panel data from Russia," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 319-342, November.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2010. "Life is Getting Better: Societal Evolution and Fit with Human Nature," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 97(1), pages 105-122, May.
- Pamela Abbott & Claire Wallace & Roger Sapsford, 2011. "Surviving the Transformation: Social Quality in Central Asia and the Caucuses," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 199-223, April.
- Wolfgang Glatzer, 2000. "Happiness: Classic Theory in the Light of Current Research," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 501-511, December.
- Amado Peiró, 2002. "Happiness, Satisfaction And Socioeconomic Conditions: Some International Evidence," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-21, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Easterlin, Richard A. & Sawangfa, Onnicha, 2009. "Happiness and Economic Growth: Does the Cross Section Predict Time Trends? Evidence from Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4000, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Abdallah, Saamah & Thompson, Sam & Marks, Nic, 2008. "Estimating worldwide life satisfaction," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 35-47, March.
- DAVID DORN & Justina Fischer & GEBHARD KIRCHGÄSSNER & ALFONSO SOUSA-POZA, 2005. "Is It Culture or Democracy? The Impact of Democracy, Income, and Culture on Happiness," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2005 2005-12, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
More about this item
Keywordssubjective well-being; happiness; life-satisfaction transition society; cross-cultural; national character;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:2:y:2001:i:2:p:111-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .