Are Hodrick-Prescott `forecasts' rational?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bampinas, Georgios & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2015.
"Are gold and silver a hedge against inflation? A two century perspective,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 267-276.
- Georgios Bampinas & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2015. "Are Gold and Silver a Hedge against Inflation? A Two Century Perspective," Discussion Paper Series 2015_03, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jul 2015.
- G. Bampinas & T. Panagiotidis, 2015. "Are Gold and Silver a Hedge against Inflation? A Two Century Perspective," Working Paper series 15-02, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Marvasti, Akbar, 2013. "The role of price expectations and legal uncertainties in ocean mineral, exploration activities," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 68-74.
- Jeremy Couchman & Rukmani Gounder & Jen-Je Su, 2006. "Long memory properties of real interest rates for 16 countries," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 25-30, January.
- Kosei Fukuda, 2010. "Three new empirical perspectives on the Hodrick–Prescott parameter," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 713-731, December.
- Tsuchiya, Yoichi, 2016. "Directional analysis of fiscal sustainability: Revisiting Domar's debt sustainability condition," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 189-201.
- Aliyu, Shehu Usman Rano, 2011. "Reactions of stock market to monetary policy shocks during the global financial crisis: the Nigerian case," MPRA Paper 35581, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Dec 2011.
- Masahiro Ashiya, 2006. "Are 16-month-ahead forecasts useful? A directional analysis of Japanese GDP forecasts," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 201-207.
- Benner, Joachim & Gern, Klaus-Jürgen & Kamps, Annette & Oskamp, Frank & Sander, Birgit & Scheide, Joachim & Schweickert, Rainer, 2005. "Geringere Dynamik der Weltkonjunktur," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3490, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsHodrick-Prescott filter; Rational expectations; Proxy forecasts; Inflation.;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:27:y:2002:i:4:p:631-643. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.