The break-up of municipalities: Voting behavior in local referenda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lapointe, Simon, 2018.
"“Love thy neighbour”? The effect of income and language differences on votes for municipal secessions,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 229-245.
- Lapointe, Simon, 2018. ""Love Thy Neighbour"? The Effect of Income and Language Differences on Votes for Municipal Secessions," Working Papers 107, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Vladimir Ponczek & Enlinson Mattos & Paulo Arvate, 2015.
"Municipalities Secession and uncertainty on public goods provision,"
AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 198-203.
- Arvate, Paulo Roberto & Mattos, Enlinson & Ponczek, Vladimir Pinheiro, 2010. "Municipalities secession and uncertainty on public goods provision," Textos para discussão 225, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Dur, Robert & Staal, Klaas, 2008.
"Local public good provision, municipal consolidation, and national transfers,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 160-173, March.
- Dur, Robert & Staal, Klaas, 2006. "Local Public Good Provision, Municipal Consolidation, and National Transfers," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 86, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Robert Dur & Klaas Staal, 2007. "Local Public Good Provision, Municipal Consolidation, and National Transfers," CESifo Working Paper Series 2061, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paulo Arvate & Vladimir Ponczek, 2008. "Municipality secession, voter’s preference and persistence of power," Working Papers 08_07, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- Björn Kauder, 2016.
"Incorporation of municipalities and population growth: A propensity score matching approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(3), pages 539-554, August.
- Björn Kauder, 2014. "Incorporation of Municipalities and Population Growth – A Propensity Score Matching Approach," ifo Working Paper Series 188, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:67:n:3:a:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takeshi Miyazaki, 2014. "Municipal consolidation and local government behavior: evidence from Japanese voting data on merger referenda," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 387-410, November.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:54:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1242-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miyazaki, Takeshi, 2013. "Municipal Consolidation and Local Government Behavior: Evidence from Japanese Voting Data on Merger Referenda," Discussion Paper Series 588, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ponczek, Vladimir & Mattos, Enlison, 2013. "Efeitos da Divisão Municipal na oferta de Bens Públicos e Indicadores Sociais," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 67(3), September.
More about this item
Keywordsmedian voter; municipalities; referenda; secession;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ecogov:v:5:y:2004:i:2:p:119-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.