Parallel greedy algorithms for packing unequal circles into a strip or a rectangle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fraser, Hamish J. & George, John A., 1994. "Integrated container loading software for pulp and paper industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 466-474, September.
- Hifi, Mhand & Paschos, Vangelis Th. & Zissimopoulos, Vassilis, 2004. "A simulated annealing approach for the circular cutting problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 159(2), pages 430-448, December.
- George, John A. & George, Jennifer M. & Lamar, Bruce W., 1995. "Packing different-sized circles into a rectangular container," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 693-712, August.
- Castillo, Ignacio & Kampas, Frank J. & Pintér, János D., 2008. "Solving circle packing problems by global optimization: Numerical results and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(3), pages 786-802, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yaohua He & Yong Wu, 2013. "Packing non-identical circles within a rectangle with open length," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 1187-1215, July.
- López, C.O. & Beasley, J.E., 2016. "A formulation space search heuristic for packing unequal circles in a fixed size circular container," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(1), pages 64-73.
- Fu, Zhanghua & Huang, Wenqi & Lü, Zhipeng, 2013. "Iterated tabu search for the circular open dimension problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(2), pages 236-243.
- Balázs Bánhelyi & Endre Palatinus & Balázs Lévai, 2015. "Optimal circle covering problems and their applications," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 23(4), pages 815-832, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPacking; Circles; Strip packing problem; Knapsack problem; Greedy method; Parallelization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:cejnor:v:17:y:2009:i:4:p:461-477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.