One-dimensional nested maximin designs
The design of computer experiments is an important step in black box evaluation and optimization processes.When dealing with multiple black box functions the need often arises to construct designs for all black boxes jointly, instead of individually.These so-called nested designs are used to deal with linking parameters and sequential evaluations.In this paper we discuss one-dimensional nested maximin designs.We show how to nest two designs optimally and develop a heuristic to nest three and four designs.Furthermore, it is proven that the loss in space-fillingness, with respect to traditional maximin designs, is at most 14:64 percent and 19:21 percent, when nesting two and three designs, respectively.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 46 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/business/operations+research/journal/10898|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rennen, G. & Husslage, B.G.M. & van Dam, E.R. & den Hertog, D., 2009. "Nested Maximin Latin Hypercube Designs," Discussion Paper 2009-06, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Husslage, B.G.M. & van Dam, E.R. & den Hertog, D. & Stehouwer, H.P. & Stinstra, E., 2003. "Collaborative metamodelling : Coordinating simulation-based product design," Other publications TiSEM 0196e58f-78a8-4653-a48b-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Castillo, Ignacio & Kampas, Frank J. & Pintér, János D., 2008. "Solving circle packing problems by global optimization: Numerical results and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(3), pages 786-802, December.
- den Hertog, Dick & Stehouwer, Peter, 2002. "Optimizing color picture tubes by high-cost nonlinear programming," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 197-211, July.
- van Dam, E.R. & Husslage, B.G.M. & den Hertog, D. & Melissen, H., 2005. "Maximin Latin Hypercube Designs in Two Dimensions," Discussion Paper 2005-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jglopt:v:46:y:2010:i:2:p:287-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.