Comparison of three hypothesis testing approaches for the selection of the appropriate number of clusters of variables
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.gfkl.org/en/
Web page: http://www.bunrui.jp/en/
Web page: http://dssm.unipa.it/cladag
Web page: http://www.classification-society.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/statistical+theory+and+methods/journal/11634/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardy, Andre, 1996. "On the number of clusters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 83-96, November.
- H. Bock, 1985. "On some significance tests in cluster analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 77-108, December.
- J. Hartigan, 1985. "Statistical theory in clustering," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 2(1), pages 63-76, December.
- Glenn Milligan & Martha Cooper, 1985. "An examination of procedures for determining the number of clusters in a data set," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 159-179, June.
- Jon R. Kettenring, 2006. "The Practice of Cluster Analysis," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 23(1), pages 3-30, June.
- Sugar, Catherine A. & James, Gareth M., 2003. "Finding the Number of Clusters in a Dataset: An Information-Theoretic Approach," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 750-763, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:advdac:v:3:y:2009:i:3:p:227-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.