Analysys Of Employment Protection Legislation: A Model With Endogenous Labour Productivity
This paper analyses the effects of different labour market regimes on the workers choice on effort, emphasizing the role of the Employment Protection Legislation. The different EPL are modelled through an easy theoretical pattern, characterized by endogenous labour productivity. In particular, it is analysed how the labour productivity is influenced by the incentives that the different EPL give workers. The main results highlight that the recent labour market reforms produce only a positive temporary effect on the unemployment level, as confirmed by the empirical evidence. Finally, this paper analyses a new contractual regime in order to see if it could offer a better solution in term of structural employment respect to the standard regimes.
Volume (Year): 4 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (July) ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=9|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Job security, employment and wages," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 851-879, June.
- Samuel Bentolila & Giuseppe Bertola, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402.
- Tito Boeri & Pietro Garibaldi, 2007.
"Two Tier Reforms of Employment Protection: a Honeymoon Effect?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(521), pages 357-385, 06.
- Tito Boeri & Pietro Garibaldi, 2007. "Two Tier Reforms of Employment Protection: A Honeymoon Effect?," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 37, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Solow, Robert M., 1979. "Another possible source of wage stickiness," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 79-82.
- O Blanchard & A Landier, 2002. "The Perverse Effects of Partial Labour Market Reform: fixed--Term Contracts in France," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages 214-244, June.
- Garibaldi, Pietro, 2006. "Personnel Economics in Imperfect Labour Markets," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199280674, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shc:jaresh:v:4:y:2012:i:2:p:209-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudiu Chiru)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.