Losing Heart? The Effect of Job Displacement on Health
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Black, Sandra & Devereux, Paul J. & Salvanes, Kjell G, 2013. "Losing Heart? The Effect of Job Displacement on Health," CEPR Discussion Papers 9276, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J. & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2012. "Losing Heart? The Effect of Job Displacement on Health," IZA Discussion Papers 7117, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2012. "Losing Heart? The Effect of Job Displacement on Health," NBER Working Papers 18660, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eliason, Marcus & Storrie, Donald, 2009. "Job loss is bad for your health - Swedish evidence on cause-specific hospitalization following involuntary job loss," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1396-1406, April.
- Ruhm, Christopher J., 2005. "Healthy living in hard times," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 341-363, March.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769.
- Marcus Eliason & Donald Storrie, 2003.
"The Echo of Job Displacement,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
2003-618, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Eliason, Marcus & Storrie, Donald, 2004. "The echo of job displacement," ISER Working Paper Series 2004-20, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Eliason, Marcus & Storrie, Donald, 2004. "The Echo of Job Displacement," Working Papers in Economics 135, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Tinna Laufey Ásgeirsdóttir & Hope Corman & Kelly Noonan & Þórhildur Ólafsdóttir & Nancy E. Reichman, 2012. "Are Recessions Good for Your Health Behaviors? Impacts of the Economic Crisis in Iceland," NBER Working Papers 18233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher J. Ruhm, 2000. "Are Recessions Good for Your Health?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 617-650.
- Daniel Sullivan & Till von Wachter, 2009. "Job Displacement and Mortality: An Analysis Using Administrative Data," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1265-1306.
- Kate Strully, 2009. "Job loss and health in the U.S. labor market," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(2), pages 221-246, May.
- Bergemann, Annette & Grönqvist, Erik & Gudbjörnsdottir, Soffia, 2011. "The effects of job displacement on the onset and progression of diabetes," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48695, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Petri Böckerman & Pekka Ilmakunnas, 2009.
"Unemployment and self-assessed health: evidence from panel data,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(2), pages 161-179.
- Böckerman, Petri & Ilmakunnas, Pekka, 2007. "Unemployment and self-assessed health: Evidence from panel data," MPRA Paper 1798, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:1:68-74_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mari Rege & Kjetil Telle & Mark Votruba, 2011.
"Parental Job Loss and Children's School Performance,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 78(4), pages 1462-1489.
- Mari Rege & Kjetil Telle & Mark Votruba, 2007. "Parental Job Loss and Children's School Performance," Discussion Papers 517, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Browning, Martin & Heinesen, Eskil, 2012. "Effect of job loss due to plant closure on mortality and hospitalization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 599-616.
- William T. Gallo & Elizabeth H. Bradley & Stanislav V. Kasl, 2001. "The Effect of Job Displacement on Subsequent Health," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(1), pages 159-165.
- Anabela Carneiro & Pedro Portugal, 2006.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers: Evidence from a Matched Employer-employee Data Set,"
CEF.UP Working Papers
0607, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro, 2006. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers: Evidence from a Matched Employer-Employee Data Set," IZA Discussion Papers 2289, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pedro Portugal & Anabela Carneiro, 2006. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers: Evidence from a Matched Employer-Employee Data Set," Working Papers w200614, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Stefan Bender & Till von Wachter, 2006.
"In the Right Place at the Wrong Time: The Role of Firms and Luck in Young Workers' Careers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1679-1705, December.
- Wachter, Till von & Bender, Stefan, 2004. "In the Right Place at the Wrong Time: The Role of Firms and Luck in Young Workers' Careers," IZA Discussion Papers 1348, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Martin Browning & Anne Moller Dano & Eskil Heinesen, 2006. "Job displacement and stress-related health outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(10), pages 1061-1075.
- Burda, Michael C. & Mertens, Antje, 2001.
"Estimating wage losses of displaced workers in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 15-41, January.
- Burda, Michael C. & Mertens, Antje, 1999. "Estimating wage losses of displaced workers in Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,35, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Jan Marcus, 2014.
"Does Job Loss Make You Smoke and Gain Weight?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(324), pages 626-648, October.
- Jan Marcus, 2012. "Does Job Loss Make You Smoke and Gain Weight?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 432, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Kristiina Huttunen & Jarle Møen & Kjell G. Salvanes, 2011. "How Destructive Is Creative Destruction? Effects Of Job Loss On Job Mobility, Withdrawal And Income," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(5), pages 840-870, October.
More about this item
Keywordsjob reallocation; displaced workers; health and health behaviors;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ilrrev:v:68:y:2015:i:4:p:833-861. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.