The Individual Taxpayer Utility Function with Tax Optimization and Fiscal Fraud Environment
In this paper I examine a taxpayer utility function determined by the extended set of variables – i.e. consumption, labor and tax-evasion propensity. This constitutes the main framework for the analysis of taxpayer’s decision making process under assumption that in the economy there exist two main reduction methods: a) access to tax optimization techniques, which may decrease effective tax burden and are fully compliant with binding laws, but generate transactional costs and 2) possibility of fiscal fraud – in particular tax evasion, as the alternative method of reducing tax due, which has no direct transactional costs, but involves tax litigation risk.
Volume (Year): 7 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ibaf.edu.pl/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Ebert, Udo, 1992. "A reexamination of the optimal nonlinear income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 47-73, October.
- Ralph C Bayer & Matthias Sutter, 2004.
"The excess burden of tax evasion - An experimental detection- concealment contest,"
- Bayer, Ralph-C & Sutter, Matthias, 2009. "The excess burden of tax evasion--An experimental detection-concealment contest," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 527-543, July.
- Ralph-C Bayer & Matthias Sutter, 2003. "The excess burden of tax evasion – An experimental detection-concealment contest," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2003-28, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Ralph-C Bayer & Matthias Sutter, 2003. "The Excess Burden of Tax Evasion: An Experimental Detection-Concealment Contest," School of Economics Working Papers 2003-05, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Ralph-C Bayer & Matthias Sutter, 2004. "The Excess Burden of Tax Evasion: An Experimental Detection-Concealment Contest," School of Economics Working Papers 2004-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Efraim Sadka, 1976. "On Income Distribution, Incentive Effects and Optimal Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(2), pages 261-267.
- Alain Trannoy, Laurent Simula and, 2009.
"Optimal Income Tax under the Threat of Migration by Top-Income Earners,"
Working Paper Series, Center for Fiscal Studies
2009:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Simula, Laurent & Trannoy, Alain, 2010. "Optimal income tax under the threat of migration by top-income earners," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 163-173, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rze:efinan:v:7:y:2011:i:3:p:52-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pawel Bochenek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.