Efficiency, Effectiveness and Performance of the Public Sector
The current economic situation determined by the effects of the crisis is causing the governments of the countries worldwide to streamline their processes in terms of collecting revenue from the state budget and then redistributing it on the principle of performance and economic efficiency. In this sense the comparative analysis of the efficiency in the public and private sector is the starting point for studying the role of efficiency, effectiveness and performance regarding the economic governance of resources utilization by the public management for achieving medium and long-term objectives of economic recovery and sustainable development of national economies. Public sector performance score for UE countries (PSPUE), which represents the objective of the current work, aims to quantify and present the real situation in terms of public sector performance.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casa Academiei, Calea 13, Septembrie nr.13, sector 5, Bucureşti 761172|
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ulrike Mandl & Adriaan Dierx & Fabienne Ilzkovitz, 2008. "The effectiveness and efficiency of public spending," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 301, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Alina Profiroiu & Marius Profiroiu, 2007. "Analysis of Public Sector Performances," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 1(1(506)), pages 41-50, January.
- Antonio Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2010.
"Public sector efficiency: evidence for new EU member states and emerging markets,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(17), pages 2147-2164.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito & Afonso, António, 2006. "Public sector efficiency: evidence for new EU member states and emerging markets," Working Paper Series 581, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2006. "Public Sector Efficiency: Evidence for New EU Member States and Emerging Markets," Working Papers Department of Economics 2006/01, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2005.
"Public sector efficiency: An international comparison,"
Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 321-347, June.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito & Afonso, António, 2003. "Public sector efficiency: an international comparison," Working Paper Series 242, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2010:i:4:p:132-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.