Macromodel Estimation for the Romanian "Pre-Accession Economic Programme"
The new (2002) version of the "Pre-Accession Economic Program" has to take into account both the experience accumulated in the implementation of its previous (2001) form, and the changes occurred during 2001-2002 in the domestic and international environment, which have affected the Romanian economy. Obviously, there are numerous questions that should be analyzed from this perspective. The paper is covering three groups of issues. The first chapter attempts to define some reference points, which have to be considered during the updating of the Romanian "Pre-Accession Economic Program". The contents and the main functional characteristics of the macromodel used in the simulations for this purpose are examined in the second chapter. The third chapter discusses the computational hypothesis and presents the numerical estimations for two scenarios, considered by the author as the most relevant for the period 2002-2005. (* Study prepared at the request of the Ministry of Development and Forecasting and the National Bank of Romania in order to update the "Pre-Accession Economic Programme")
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2002.
"Updated Scenarios For The Romanian Economy Medium-Term Dynamics,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting,
Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 5-16, March.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 2001. "Updated scenarios for the Romanian economy medium-term dynamics," MPRA Paper 35792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Engel, 1992.
"Real Exchange Rates and Relative Prices: An Empirical Investigation,"
NBER Working Papers
4231, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engel, Charles, 1993. "Real exchange rates and relative prices : An empirical investigation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 35-50, August.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 1984. "Why Are Services Cheaper in the Poor Countries?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 279-86, June.
- Heston, Alan & Nuxoll, Daniel A & Summers, Robert, 1994. "The Differential-Productivity Hypothesis and Purchasing-Power Parties: Some New Evidence," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 227-43, October.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel and Andrew K. Rose., 1995.
"A Panel Project on Purchasing Power Parity: Mean Reversion Within and Between Countries,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
C95-052, University of California at Berkeley.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996. "A panel project on purchasing power parity: Mean reversion within and between countries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 209-224, February.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1995. "A Panel Project on Purchasing Power Parity: Mean Reversion Within and Between Countries," NBER Working Papers 5006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1995. "A Panel Project on Purchasing Power Parity: Mean Reversion Within and Between Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1128, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Irving B. Kravis & Robert E. Lipsey, 1982. "Towards an Explanation of National Price Levels," NBER Working Papers 1034, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1994. "Facets of Balassa-Samuelson Thirty Years Later," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 201-26, October.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Dobrescu, Emilian, 1996. "Macromodels of the Romanian transition Economy," MPRA Paper 35810, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2002:i:5:p:5-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.