Entrepreneurial activity and regional development: an introduction to this special issue
The main objective of this special issue is to analyze the relationship between entrepreneurial intention and entrepreneurial activity and its impact on regional development. The last convulsive decade, with expansionary and recessionary economic cycles, offers a good opportunity to study how economic cycles affect the propensity of becoming an entrepreneur and, in turn, to observe how entrepreneurial activity contributes to change (improvement) in the economy. Previous studies have analyzed the complicated endogenous relationship between entrepreneurship and economic growth, but these studies have examined the countries’ performance under a static view. This special issue focuses on analyzing complex entrepreneurial behavior from a sub-national perspective (examining several regions in the Spanish autonomous communities) and a dynamic view (using data from several years), which adds rigor and valuable knowledge to this research field.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 26 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/Email:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David B. Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2004.
"Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2004-01, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max, 2002. "Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-76, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Keilbach, Max, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3678, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Audretsch & Iñaki Peña-Legazkue, 2012. "Entrepreneurial activity and regional competitiveness: an introduction to the special issue," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 531-537, October.
- Michael Fritsch, 2008. "How does new business formation affect regional development? Introduction to the special issue," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-14, January.
- José González-Pernía & Iñaki Peña-Legazkue & Ferran Vendrell-Herrero, 2012. "Innovation, entrepreneurial activity and competitiveness at a sub-national level," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 561-574, October.
- Zoltan Acs & David Storey, 2004. "Introduction: Entrepreneurship and Economic Development," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 871-877.
- Maribel Guerrero & David Urbano, 2012. "The development of an entrepreneurial university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 43-74, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo Ortíz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.