Entrepreneurial activity and regional development: an introduction to this special issue
The main objective of this special issue is to analyze the relationship between entrepreneurial intention and entrepreneurial activity and its impact on regional development. The last convulsive decade, with expansionary and recessionary economic cycles, offers a good opportunity to study how economic cycles affect the propensity of becoming an entrepreneur and, in turn, to observe how entrepreneurial activity contributes to change (improvement) in the economy. Previous studies have analyzed the complicated endogenous relationship between entrepreneurship and economic growth, but these studies have examined the countries’ performance under a static view. This special issue focuses on analyzing complex entrepreneurial behavior from a sub-national perspective (examining several regions in the Spanish autonomous communities) and a dynamic view (using data from several years), which adds rigor and valuable knowledge to this research field.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 26 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Viladomat, 321 entresuelo - 08029 Barcelona, Teléfono y Fax: + 34 933101112, E-mail: email@example.com, Web: www.aecr.org, Web Investigaciones Regionales: www.investigacionesregionales.org|
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José González-Pernía & Iñaki Peña-Legazkue & Ferran Vendrell-Herrero, 2012. "Innovation, entrepreneurial activity and competitiveness at a sub-national level," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 561-574, October.
- David Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2004.
"Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 949-959.
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max, 2002. "Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-76, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Keilbach, Max, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3678, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David B. Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2004. "Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-01, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Maribel Guerrero & David Urbano, 2012. "The development of an entrepreneurial university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 43-74, February.
- Zoltan Acs & David Storey, 2004. "Introduction: Entrepreneurship and Economic Development," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(8), pages 871-877.
- Michael Fritsch, 2008. "How does new business formation affect regional development? Introduction to the special issue," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 1-14, January.
- David Audretsch & Iñaki Peña-Legazkue, 2012. "Entrepreneurial activity and regional competitiveness: an introduction to the special issue," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 531-537, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:invreg:0228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo-Ortíz)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.