Analyse de la politique commerciale canadienne : rétrospective et synthèse
After a short review of the neo-classical theory of protection, the author presents the numerous models which were historically developed for the estimation of the national and regional impact of the Canadian tariffs. The author further compares a number of studies on the Canadian commercial policy, explains the divergences among them and, hopefully, identifies unsettled questions on the subject.
Volume (Year): 55 (1979)
Issue (Month): 3 (juillet)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robin W. Boadway & John M. Treddenick, 1978. "A General Equilibrium Computation of the Effects of the Canadian Tariff Structure," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 11(3), pages 424-46, August.
- Melvin, James R, 1972. "A Weighting Problem in the Calculation of Effective Rates of Protection: A Comment," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 48(122), pages 290-92, June.
- John N. H. Britton, 1978. "Locational Perspectives on Free Trade for Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 4(1), pages 4-19, Winter.
- Harry G. Johnson, 1960. "The Cost of Protection and the Scientific Tariff," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 327.
- Donald G. McFetridge, 1973. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins: An Analysis of the Canadian Manufacturing Sector," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 6(3), pages 344-55, August.
- Bruno, M., 1973. "Protection and tariff change under general equilibrium," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 205-225, August.
- Myron J. Gordon, 1978. "A World Scale National Corporation Industrial Strategy," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 4(1), pages 46-56, Winter.
- Krauss, Melvyn B, 1972. "Recent Developments in Customs Union Theory: An Interpretive Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 413-36, June.
- G. K. Helleiner, 1977. "The Political Economy of Canada's Tariff Structure: An Alternative Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 318-26, May.
- Rakowski, James J, 1970. "Capital Mobility in a Tariff-Ridden International Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 753-60, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:55:y:1979:i:3:p:303-341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.