The Management Of Credit Risk According To Internal Ratings- Based Approach
The internal ratings based approach (IRB Approach) was created as part of Basel II replacing the original Basle Accord of 1988 (Basle I) in an effort to create a better framework for regulating bank capital. This paper covers the methodology and components of the IRB Approach used to determine capital requirements for credit risk. Such an approach, which relies heavily upon a bank's internal assessment of its counterparties and exposures, can secure two key objectives consistent with those which support the wider review of The New Basel Capital Accord.. IRB approach should promote safety and soundness in the financial system and, consistent with providing incentive compatibility, that the structure and requirements of the IRB approach do not impinge upon or undermine banks' well-established lending and credit risk management practices
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor|
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ojo, Marianne, 2008.
"Risk management by the Basel Committee: evaluating progress made from the 1988 Basel Accord to recent developments,"
26365, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2010.
- Marianne Ojo, 2010. "Risk management by the Basel Committee: Evaluating progress made from the 1988 Basel Accord to recent developments," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 305-315, November.
- Ojo, Marianne, 2008. "Risk Management by the Basel Committee: Evaluating Progress made from the 1988 Basel Accord to Recent Developments," MPRA Paper 10051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, Joocheol & Kim, KiHyung, 2006. "Loss Given Default Modelling under the Asymptotic Single Risk Factor Assumption," MPRA Paper 860, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pra:mprapa:15545 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ojo, Marianne, 2009. "The responsive approach by the Basel Committee (on Banking Supervision) to regulation: Meta risk regulation, the Internal Ratings Based Approaches and the Advanced Measurement Approaches," MPRA Paper 16752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ora:journl:v:1:y:2010:i:2:p:665-671. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.