Uncertainty Over Models and Data: The Rise and Fall of American Inflation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Seth Pruitt, 2008. "Uncertainty over models and data: the rise and fall of American inflation," International Finance Discussion Papers 962, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
References listed on IDEAS
- Athanasios Orphanides & John C. Williams, 2006.
"Monetary Policy with Imperfect Knowledge,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 366-375, 04-05.
- Athanasios Orphanides amd John Williams, 2001. "Monetary Policy with Imperfect Knowledge," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 254, Society for Computational Economics.
- Athanasios Orphanides & John C. Williams, 2005. "Monetary policy with imperfect knowledge," Working Paper Series 2005-17, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Athanasios Orphanides & John C. Williams, 2005. "Monetary policy with imperfect knowledge," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eric Ghysels & Norman R. Swanson & Myles Callan, 2002.
"Monetary Policy Rules with Model and Data Uncertainty,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 239-265, October.
- Myles Callan & Eric Ghysels & Norman R. Swanson, 1998. "Monetary Policy Rules with Model and Data Uncertainty," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-40, CIRANO.
- Stark, Tom & Croushore, Dean, 2002.
"Forecasting with a real-time data set for macroeconomists,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 507-531, December.
- Tom Stark and Dean Croushore, 2001. "Forecasting with a Real-Time Data Set for Macroeconomists," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 258, Society for Computational Economics.
- Tom Stark & Dean Croushore, 2001. "Forecasting with a real-time data set for macroeconomists," Working Papers 01-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Croushore, Dean & Stark, Tom, 2001. "A real-time data set for macroeconomists," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 111-130, November.
- Howrey, E Philip, 1978. "The Use of Preliminary Data in Econometric Forecasting," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 193-200, May.
- Carboni, Giacomo & Ellison, Martin, 2007. "Learning and the Great Inflation," CEPR Discussion Papers 6250, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2001. "Monetary Policy Rules Based on Real-Time Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 964-985, September.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Graham Elliott & Allan Timmermann & Ivana Komunjer, 2005. "Estimation and Testing of Forecast Rationality under Flexible Loss," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 1107-1125.
- Boivin, Jean, 2006.
"Has U.S. Monetary Policy Changed? Evidence from Drifting Coefficients and Real-Time Data,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1149-1173, August.
- Jean Boivin, 2005. "Has US Monetary Policy Changed? Evidence from Drifting Coefficients and Real-Time Data," NBER Working Papers 11314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio E. Primiceri, 2005. "Time Varying Structural Vector Autoregressions and Monetary Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 821-852.
- Owyang, Michael T. & Ramey, Garey, 2004.
"Regime switching and monetary policy measurement,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1577-1597, November.
- Owyang, Michael T. & Ramey, Garey, 2001. "Regime Switching and Monetary Policy Measurement," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt24q32688, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Michael T. Owyang & Garey Ramey, 2003. "Regime switching and monetary policy measurement," Working Papers 2001-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Alastair Cunningham & Chris Jeffery & George Kapetanios & Vincent Labhard, 2007. "A State Space Approach To The Policymaker's Data Uncertainty Problem," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 168, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Casares, Miguel & Vázquez, Jesús, 2016.
"Data Revisions In The Estimation Of Dsge Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(07), pages 1683-1716, October.
- Miguel Casares & Jesús Vázquez, 2011. "Data Revisions in the Estimation of DSGE models," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1104, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Casares, Miguel & Vázquez Pérez, Jesús, 2012. "Data Revisions in the Estimation of DSGE Models," DFAEII Working Papers 2012-06, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Lubik, Thomas A. & Matthes, Christian, 2016.
"Indeterminacy and learning: An analysis of monetary policy in the Great Inflation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 85-106.
- Christian Matthes & Thomas Lubik, 2013. "Indeterminacy and Learning: An Analysis of Monetary Policy in the Great Inflation," 2013 Meeting Papers 973, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Thomas A. Lubik & Christian Matthes, 2014. "Indeterminacy and Learning: An Analysis of Monetary Policy in the Great Inflation," CAMA Working Papers 2014-16, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Lubik, Thomas A. & Matthes, Christian, 2014. "Indeterminacy and Learning: An Analysis of Monetary Policy in the Great Inflation," Working Paper 14-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:156-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pablo Aguilar & Jesús Vázquez, 2015. "The role of term structure in an estimated DSGE model with learning," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2015007, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Lafuente, Juan A. & Pérez, Rafaela & Ruiz, Jesús, 2014. "Time-varying inflation targeting after the nineties," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 400-408.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:44:y:2012:i::p:341-365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.