The Relationship between the Inflation Rate, Its Variability, and Output Growth Variability: Disaggregated International Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Plosser, Charles I. & Schwert*, G. William, 1978. "Money, income, and sunspots: Measuring economic relationships and the effects of differencing," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 637-660, November.
- Milton Friedman, 1959.
"The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results, pages 1-29
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 327-327.
- Milton Friedman, 1959. "The Demand for Money: Some Theoretical and Empirical Results," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie59-1, January.
- Barro, Robert J, 1977.
"Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 101-115, March.
- Robert J. Barro, 1976. "Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States," Working Papers 234, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1981. "Output Fluctuations and Gradual Price Adjustment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 493-530, June.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Bean, Charles R, 1983. "Targeting Nominal Income: An Appraisal," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 806-819, December.
- Cooley, Thomas F & LeRoy, Stephen F, 1981. "Identification and Estimation of Money Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 825-844, December.
- Coats, Warren L, Jr, 1982. "Modeling the Short-Run Demand for Money with Exogenous Supply," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(2), pages 222-239, April.
- Robert E. Hall, 1983. "Macroeconomic policy under structural change," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 85-122.
- Meade, James E, 1993.
"The Meaning of "Internal Balance.","
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(6), pages 3-9, December.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1980. "On the state of macroeconomics," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Rose, Andrew K, 1985. "An Alternative Approach to the American Demand for Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 439-455, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gregory D. Hess & Charles S. Morris, 1996. "The long-run costs of moderate inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 71-88.
- Davis, George & Kanago, Bryce, 1998. "High and Uncertain Inflation: Results from a New Data Set," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(2), pages 218-230, May.
- Andrade, Isabel, 1992. "The relationship between inflation and relative price variability: A multivariate approach," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9203, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Ernani Teixeira, 1991. "Incerteza inflacionária e crescimento do produto e incerteza do produto e crescimento inflacionário," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 2(2), pages 123-133, November.
- Qureshi, Irfan, 2015.
"Monetary Policy Shifts and Central Bank Independence,"
81646, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2017.
- Qureshi, Irfan, 2017. "Monetary Policy Shifts and Central Bank Independence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1139, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Ngoc Dang, 2012.
"Inflation variability and the relationship between inflation and growth,"
Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 3-17, July.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2011. "Inflation variability and the relationship between inflation and growth," CAMA Working Papers 2011-08, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Raghbendra Jha & Tu Dang, 2011. "Inflation variability and the relationship between inflation and growth," ASARC Working Papers 2011-08, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Hachicha, Ahmed & Lean Hooi Hooi, 2013. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty and output in Tunisia," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-1, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sharon Kozicki & Barak Hoffman, 1999. "Implications of rounding and rebasing for empirical analysis using consumer price inflation," Research Working Paper 99-08, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Batchelor, Roy & Orr, Adrian, 1991. "Inflation uncertainty, inflationary shocks and the credibility of counterinflation policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1385-1397, October.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2015. "The Evolution of Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14611.
- Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2013. "The inflation–output nexus: Empirical evidence from India, South Africa, and Brazil," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 19-34.
- Wilson, Bradley Kemp, 2006. "The links between inflation, inflation uncertainty and output growth: New time series evidence from Japan," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 609-620, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:17:y:1985:i:2:p:179-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .