Interdependence between core and peripheries of the European economy: secular stagnation and growth in the Western Balkans
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Will Bartlett & Ivana Prica, 2016. "Interdependence between Core and Peripheries of the European Economy: Secular Stagnation and Growth in the Western Balkans," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 104, European Institute, LSE.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas I. Palley, 2013.
"Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters,"
Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: Financialization, chapter 2, pages 17-40,
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007. "Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_525, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "Financialization: What it is and Why it Matters," IMK Working Paper 04-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007. "Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters," Working Papers wp153, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Martin Sokol, 2001. "Central and Eastern Europe a Decade After the Fall of State-socialism: Regional Dimensions of Transition Processes," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(7), pages 645-655.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanna Błach & Monika Wieczorek-Kosmala & Joanna Trzęsiok, 2020. "Innovation in SMEs and Financing Mix," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(9), pages 1-19, September.
- Ines Kersan-Škabić, 2016. "Is Internal Devaluation Policy In The Eu Effective?," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 61(211), pages 29-46, October -.
- Sofia GOUVEIA & Leonida CORREIA & Patrícia MARTINS, 2020. "European integration and its effects on population in border and peripheral regions," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 11, pages 8-27, November.
- Krisztina Soreg & Guillermo Bermudez-Gonzalez, 2021. "Measuring the Socioeconomic Development of Selected Balkan Countries and Hungary: A Comparative Analysis for Sustainable Growth," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-20, January.
- Maciej Stefański, 2020. "To What Extent does Convergence Explain the Slowdown in Potential Growth of the CEE Countries Following the Global Financial Crisis?," Working Papers 2020-058, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis.
- Velimir Bole & Miha Dominko & Ada Guštin Habuš & Janez Prašnikar, 2019. "Countries Of Former Yugoslavia: Periphery Vs. Super-Periphery In The Great Recession And Beyond," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 64(223), pages 11-38, October –.
- Gräbner, Claudius & Hafele, Jakob, 2020. "The emergence of core-periphery structures in the European Union: A complexity perspective," ZOE Discussion Papers 6, ZOE. institute for future-fit economies, Bonn.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Photis Lysandrou, 2016. "The colonization of the future: An alternative view of financialization and its portents," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 444-472, October.
- Byasdeb Dasgupta, 2013. "Financialization, Labour Market Flexibility, Global Crisis and New Imperialism - A Marxist Perspective," Working Papers halshs-00840831, HAL.
- Yun Kim, 2011. "A Short Empirical Note on Household Debt, Financialization, and Macroeconomic Performance," Working Papers 1107, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Camilla Lenzi & Giovanni Perucca, 2016. "Life Satisfaction across Cities: Evidence from Romania," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(7), pages 1062-1077, July.
- Šimon Martin, 2017. "Multi-scalar geographies of polarisation and peripheralisation: A case study of Czechia," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 37(37), pages 125-137, September.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2015.
"Finance-Dominated Capitalism and Income Distribution: A Kaleckian Perspective on the Case of Germany,"
Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 1(2), pages 171-191, July.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2014. "Finance-dominated capitalism and income distribution: a Kaleckian perspective on the case of Germany," Working papers wpaper62, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Hein, Eckhard & Detzer, Daniel, 2014. "Finance-dominated capitalism and income distribution: A Kaleckian perspective on the case of Germany," IPE Working Papers 42/2014, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Dögüs, Ilhan, 2016. "A Minskyan criticism on the shareholder pressure approach of financialisation," Discussion Papers 53, University of Hamburg, Centre for Economic and Sociological Studies (CESS/ZÖSS).
- Viktor Kvĕtoň & Aleš Bĕlohradský & Jiří Blažek, 2020. "The variegated role of proximities in acquisitions by domestic and international companies in different phases of economic cycles," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(3), pages 583-602, June.
- David Slattery & Joseph G. Nellis, 2011. "Rethinking the Role of Regulation in the Aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis: The Case of the UK," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(3), pages 407-423, September.
- Eckhard Hein, 2015.
"Finance-dominated capitalism and re-distribution of income: a Kaleckian perspective,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(3), pages 907-934.
- Eckhard Hein, 2013. "Finance-dominated Capitalism and Redistribution of Income: A Kaleckian Perspective," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_746, Levy Economics Institute.
- Faragó László & Varró Krisztina, 2016. "Shifts in EU Cohesion Policy and Processes of Peripheralization: A View from Central Eastern Europe," European Spatial Research and Policy, Sciendo, vol. 23(1), pages 5-19, June.
- Antonio Bianco & Paolo M. Piacentini, 2013. "The sustainability of a creative-finance-led economy," Working papers wpaper07, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Peter Skott, 2011. "Heterodox macro after the crisis," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-23, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2011.
"Distribution, 'financialisation' and the financial and economic crisis: Implications for post-crisis economic policies,"
IPE Working Papers
09/2011, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hein, Eckhard, 2011. "Distribution, ‘Financialisation’ and the Financial and Economic Crisis – Implications for Post-crisis Economic Policies," MPRA Paper 31180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan BAKIR & Görkem BAHTİYAR, 2017. "Great Recession, Financialization and Marxian Political Economy," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 25(33).
- Ryszard Kata & Justyna Chmiel, 2020. "Financialisation Level of Non-Financial Enterprises in European Union Countries: A Comparative Analysis," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 378-398.
- Eckhard Hein, 2012.
""Financialization," distribution, capital accumulation, and productivity growth in a post-Kaleckian model,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 475-496.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2009. "Financialisation', distribution, capital accumulation and productivity growth in a Post-Kaleckian model," IPE Working Papers 01/2009, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hein, Eckhard, 2009. "‘Financialisation’, distribution, capital accumulation and productivity growth in a Post-Kaleckian model," MPRA Paper 18574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cédric Durand & Sébastien Miroudot, 2015. "Is labour the fall guy of a financial-led globalisation? A cross-country inquiry on globalisation, financialisation and employment at the industry level," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 151(3), pages 409-432, August.
- Leila E. Davis, 2013. "Financialization and the nonfinancial corporation: an investigation of firmlevel investment behavior in the U.S., 1971-2011," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2013-08, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Pedro Linhares Rossi & Guilherme Santos Mello, 2014. "The Fourth Dimension: Derivatives As A Form Of Capital," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41st Brazilian Economics Meeting] 025, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
More about this item
KeywordsSecular stagnation; Western Balkans; core-periphery;
All these keywords.
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:1:p:123-139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Piero Cavaleri (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.