Does plot size affect the performance of GIS-based species distribution models?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Jennifer & Franklin, Janet & Aspinall, Richard, 2007. "Incorporating spatial dependence in predictive vegetation models," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 202(3), pages 225-242.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yirigui Yirigui & Sang-Woo Lee & A. Pouyan Nejadhashemi & Matthew R. Herman & Jong-Won Lee, 2019. "Relationships between Riparian Forest Fragmentation and Biological Indicators of Streams," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-24, May.
- Thoralf Meyer & Paul Holloway & Thomas B. Christiansen & Jennifer A. Miller & Paolo D’Odorico & Gregory S. Okin, 2019. "An Assessment of Multiple Drivers Determining Woody Species Composition and Structure: A Case Study from the Kalahari, Botswana," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-14, August.
- Wulder, Michael A. & White, Joanne C. & Coops, Nicholas C. & Nelson, Trisalyn & Boots, Barry, 2007. "Using local spatial autocorrelation to compare outputs from a forest growth model," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 209(2), pages 264-276.
- Valenti, D. & Tranchina, L. & Brai, M. & Caruso, A. & Cosentino, C. & Spagnolo, B., 2008. "Environmental metal pollution considered as noise: Effects on the spatial distribution of benthic foraminifera in two coastal marine areas of Sicily (Southern Italy)," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 213(3), pages 449-462.
- Flores, O. & Rossi, V. & Mortier, F., 2009. "Autocorrelation offsets zero-inflation in models of tropical saplings density," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 220(15), pages 1797-1809.
- Bevan, Andrew & Conolly, James, 2011. "Terraced fields and Mediterranean landscape structure: An analytical case study from Antikythera, Greece," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 222(7), pages 1303-1314.
- Peters, Jan & Verhoest, Niko E.C. & Samson, Roeland & Van Meirvenne, Marc & Cockx, Liesbet & De Baets, Bernard, 2009. "Uncertainty propagation in vegetation distribution models based on ensemble classifiers," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 220(6), pages 791-804.
- Platts, Philip J. & McClean, Colin J. & Lovett, Jon C. & Marchant, Rob, 2008. "Predicting tree distributions in an East African biodiversity hotspot: model selection, data bias and envelope uncertainty," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 218(1), pages 121-134.
- Santika, Truly & Hutchinson, Michael F., 2009. "The effect of species response form on species distribution model prediction and inference," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 220(19), pages 2365-2379.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1017 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liviano Solís, Daniel & Arauzo Carod, Josep Maria, 2011. "Industrial Location and Space: New Insights," Working Papers 2072/152137, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1015 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lundy, M.E. & Hill, J.E. & van Kessel, C. & Owen, D.A. & Pedroso, R.M. & Boddy, L.G. & Fischer, A.J. & Linquist, B.A., 2014. "Site-specific, real-time temperatures improve the accuracy of weed emergence predictions in direct-seeded rice systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 12-21.
- Hengl, Tomislav & Sierdsema, Henk & Radović, Andreja & Dilo, Arta, 2009. "Spatial prediction of species’ distributions from occurrence-only records: combining point pattern analysis, ENFA and regression-kriging," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 220(24), pages 3499-3511.
More about this item
KeywordsKappa; Map accuracy; Species distribution; Logistic regression models; Species frequency curve; Namibia; Q57;
All these keywords.
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jgeosy:v:12:y:2010:i:4:p:389-407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.