The Ethical and Economic Case Against Sweatshop Labor: A Critical Assessment
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 107 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/applied+ethics/journal/10551/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kimberly Ann. Elliott & Richard B. Freeman, 2004.
"White Hats or Don Quixotes? Human Rights Vigilantes in the Global Economy,"
NBER Chapters,in: Emerging Labor Market Institutions for the Twenty-First Century, pages 47-98
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimberly Ann Elliott & Richard Freeman, 2001. "White Hats or Don Quixotes? Human Rights Vigilantes in the Global Economy," NBER Working Papers 8102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elliot, Kimberly Ann & Freeman, Richard B., 2004. "White hats or Don Quixotes? Human rights vigilantes in the global economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19952, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kimberly Ann Elliott & Richard Freeman, 2004. "White Hats or Don Quixotes? Human Rights Vigilantes in the Global Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0638, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Benjamin Powell & David Skarbek, 2006. "Sweatshops and Third World Living Standards: Are the Jobs Worth the Sweat?," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 27(2), pages 263-274, April.
- David Skarbek & Emily Skarbek & Brian Skarbek & Erin Skarbek, 2012. "Sweatshops, Opportunity Costs, and Non-Monetary Compensation: Evidence from El Salvador," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(3), pages 539-561, July.
- Snyder, Jeremy, 2010. "Exploitation and Sweatshop Labor: Perspectives and Issues," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 187-213, April.
- Arnold, Denis G. & Bowie, Norman E., 2003. "Sweatshops and Respect for Persons," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 221-242, April.
- Sollars, Gordon G. & Englander, Fred, 2007. "Sweatshops: Kant and Consequences," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 115-133, January.
- John Miller, 2003. "Why Economists Are Wrong About Sweatshops and the Antisweatshop Movement," Challenge, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(1), pages 93-122, January.
- Joshua Hall & Peter Leeson, 2007. "Good for the Goose, Bad for the Gander: International Labor Standards and Comparative Development," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 658-676, September.
- Zwolinski, Matt, 2008. "The Ethics of Price Gouging," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 347-378, July.
- Arnold, Denis G. & Bowie, Norman E., 2007. "Respect for Workers in Global Supply Chains: Advancing the Debate Over Sweatshops," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 135-145, January.
- Zwolinski, Matt, 2007. "Sweatshops, Choice, and Exploitation," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(04), pages 689-727, October.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Harrington & John M. Vernon, 2005. "Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, 4th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 4, volume 1, number 026222075x, January.
- Robert Pollin & Justine Burns & James Heintz, 2004. "Global apparel production and sweatshop labour: can raising retail prices finance living wages?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 153-171, March.
- Ann Harrison & Jason Scorse, 2010. "Multinationals and Anti-sweatshop Activism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 247-273, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:107:y:2012:i:4:p:449-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.