The Ethical and Economic Case Against Sweatshop Labor: A Critical Assessment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 107 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/applied+ethics/journal/10551/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kimberly Ann Elliot & Richard B. Freeman, 2004.
"White hats or Don Quixotes? Human rights vigilantes in the global economy,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19952, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kimberly Ann. Elliott & Richard B. Freeman, 2004. "White Hats or Don Quixotes? Human Rights Vigilantes in the Global Economy," NBER Chapters, in: Emerging Labor Market Institutions for the Twenty-First Century, pages 47-98 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimberly Ann Elliott & Richard Freeman, 2001. "White Hats or Don Quixotes? Human Rights Vigilantes in the Global Economy," NBER Working Papers 8102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimberly Ann Elliott & Richard Freeman, 2004. "White Hats or Don Quixotes? Human Rights Vigilantes in the Global Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0638, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Benjamin Powell & David Skarbek, 2006. "Sweatshops and Third World Living Standards: Are the Jobs Worth the Sweat?," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 27(2), pages 263-274, April.
- David Skarbek & Emily Skarbek & Brian Skarbek & Erin Skarbek, 2012. "Sweatshops, Opportunity Costs, and Non-Monetary Compensation: Evidence from El Salvador," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(3), pages 539-561, 07.
- Snyder, Jeremy, 2010. "Exploitation and Sweatshop Labor: Perspectives and Issues," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 187-213, April.
- Arnold, Denis G. & Bowie, Norman E., 2003. "Sweatshops and Respect for Persons," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 221-242, April.
- Sollars, Gordon G. & Englander, Fred, 2007. "Sweatshops: Kant and Consequences," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 115-133, January.
- John Miller, 2003. "Why Economists Are Wrong About Sweatshops and the Antisweatshop Movement," Challenge, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(1), pages 93-122, January.
- Joshua Hall & Peter Leeson, 2007. "Good for the Goose, Bad for the Gander: International Labor Standards and Comparative Development," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 658-676, September.
- Zwolinski, Matt, 2008. "The Ethics of Price Gouging," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 347-378, July.
- Arnold, Denis G. & Bowie, Norman E., 2007. "Respect for Workers in Global Supply Chains: Advancing the Debate Over Sweatshops," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 135-145, January.
- Zwolinski, Matt, 2007. "Sweatshops, Choice, and Exploitation," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(04), pages 689-727, October.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Harrington & John M. Vernon, 2005. "Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, 4th Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 4, volume 1, number 026222075x.
- Robert Pollin & Justine Burns & James Heintz, 2004. "Global apparel production and sweatshop labour: can raising retail prices finance living wages?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 153-171, March.
- Ann Harrison & Jason Scorse, 2010. "Multinationals and Anti-sweatshop Activism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 247-273, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:107:y:2012:i:4:p:449-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.