Wage dispersion in Germany and the US: is there compression from below?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven J. Davis, 1992.
"Cross-Country Patterns of Change in Relative Wages,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1992, Volume 7, pages 239-300
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven J. Davis, 1992. "Cross-Country Patterns of Change in Relative Wages," NBER Working Papers 4085, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nickell, Stephen & Bell, Brian, 1996. "Changes in the Distribution of Wages and Unemployment in OECD Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 302-308, May.
- Wolfgang Franz & Viktor Steiner, 2000.
"Wages in the East German Transition Process: Facts and Explanations,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(3), pages 241-269, August.
- Franz, Wolfgang & Steiner, Viktor, 1999. "Wages in the East German transition process: facts and explanations," ZEW Discussion Papers 99-40, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Wood, Adrian, 1998. "Globalisation and the Rise in Labour Market Inequalities," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(450), pages 1463-1482, September.
- Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2005. "Labor Market Institutions, Wages, and Investment: Review and Implications," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(1), pages 47-75.
- Siebert, Horst, 2003. "Why Germany has such a weak growth performance," Kiel Working Papers 1182, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Paul R. Krugman, 1994. "Past and prospective causes of high unemployment," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jan, pages 49-98.
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1996.
"International Differences in Male Wage Inequality: Institutions versus Market Forces,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 791-836, August.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 1994. "International Differences in Male Wage Inequality: Institutions versus Market Forces," NBER Working Papers 4678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gustav A. Horn & Katharina Dröge & Simon Sturn & Till van Treeck & Rudolf Zwiener, 2009.
"Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (III),"
41-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gustav A. Horn & Heike Joebges & Torsten Niechoj & Christian R. Proaño & Simon Sturn & Silke Tober & Achim Truger & Till van Treeck, 2009. "Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (I)," IMK Report 38-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gustav A. Horn & Heike Joebges & Rudolf Zwiener, 2009. "Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (II)," IMK Report 40-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Michael Moritz, 2011.
"The Impact of Czech Commuters on the German Labour Market,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(1), pages 40-58.
- Michael Moritz, 2011. "The Impact of Czech Commuters on the German Labour Market," ERSA conference papers ersa10p438, European Regional Science Association.
- Möller, Joachim, 2016. "Lohnungleichheit: Gibt es eine Trendwende? (German wage inequality: Is there a trend reversal?)," IAB Discussion Paper 201609, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Joachim Möller & Karl Brenke & Gert Wagner & Thorsten Schulten & Gustav Horn & Hagen Lesch & Alexander Mayer & Lisa Schmid & Patrick Arni & Werner Eichhorst & Alexander Spermann & Klaus Zimmermann, 2014. "Das Mindestlohngesetz — Hoffnungen und Befürchtungen," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 94(6), pages 387-406, June.
More about this item
KeywordsWage distribution; Wage compression; Accordion effect; Micro data; International comparisons; Inter-quantile distances; Wage flexibility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:iecepo:v:5:y:2008:i:4:p:345-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.