On the stability of the solutions of an impulsive Solow model with endogenous population
In this paper we extend the Solow model to take account for: (1) the existence of a delay in the process of recruitment in the labor force, due to the age structure of the population (2) the existence of impulsive effects on the capital-labor ratio when external factors influence it. We investigate conditions under which the extended model is capable of generating stable growth process. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
Volume (Year): 46 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/development/journal/10644/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan V. Deardorff, 1970. "Growth Paths in the Solow Neoclassical Growth Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(1), pages 134-139.
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Licandro, Omar & Paul, Christopher, 1997.
"Differential-difference equations in economics: On the numerical solution of vintage capital growth models,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 347-362.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Omar Licandro & Christopher Paul, "undated". "Differential-Difference Equations in Economics: On the Numerical Solution of Vintage Capital Growth Models," Computing in Economics and Finance 1996 _036, Society for Computational Economics.
- Paul, Christopher & Licandro, Omar & Boucekkine, Raouf, 1995. "Differential-difference equations in economics: on the numerical solution of vintage capital growth models," UC3M Working papers. Economics 3951, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Luciano Fanti & Piero Manfredi, 2003. "The Solow¡¯S Model With Endogenous Population: A Neoclassical Growth Cycle Model," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 28(2), pages 103-115, December.
- Guerrini, Luca, 2006. "The Solow-Swan model with a bounded population growth rate," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 14-21, February.
- Sheshinski, Eytan, 1969. "Stability of Growth Equilibrium in a Neoclassical Vintage Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(2), pages 141-148, June.
- R. M. Solow & J. Tobin & C. C. von Weizsäcker & M. Yaari, 1966. "Neoclassical Growth with Fixed Factor Proportions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 79-115.
- Raut, L K & Srinivasan, T N, 1994. "Dynamics of Endogenous Growth," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(5), pages 777-790, August.
- David N. DeJong & Beth F. Ingram & Charles H. Whiteman, 2000. "Keynesian impulses versus Solow residuals: identifying sources of business cycle fluctuations," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 311-329. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:46:y:2013:i:2:p:203-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.