Bankruptcy prediction using a discrete-time duration model incorporating temporal and macroeconomic dependencies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giesecke, Kay, 2001. "Correlated default with incomplete information," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,30, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Luoma, M & Laitinen, EK, 1991. "Survival analysis as a tool for company failure prediction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 673-678.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:109-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i::p:59-82 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1383-1393 is not listed on IDEAS
- Situm Mario, 2014. "Inability of Gearing-Ratio as Predictor for Early Warning Systems," Business Systems Research, De Gruyter Open, vol. 5(2), pages 23-45, September.
- Ferreira Filipe, Sara & Grammatikos, Theoharry & Michala, Dimitra, 2014. "Forecasting Distress in European SME Portfolios," MPRA Paper 53572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- TOBBACK, Ellen & MOEYERSOMS, Julie & STANKOVA, Marija & MARTENS, David, 2016. "Bankruptcy prediction for SMEs using relational data," Working Papers 2016004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Liviu Tudor & Mădălina Ecaterina Popescu & Marin Andreica, 2015. "A Decision Support System to Predict Financial Distress. The Case Of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 170-179, December.
- El Kalak, Izidin & Hudson, Robert, 2016. "The effect of size on the failure probabilities of SMEs: An empirical study on the US market using discrete hazard model," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 135-145.
- Denissa Satriavi, 2011. "Comparison Of Predicting Financial Distress Using Hazard Model Without And Incorporating Macroeconomic Variable As Baseline Hazard Rate," Working Papers in Business, Management and Finance 201105, Department of Management and Business, Padjadjaran University, revised Dec 2011.
- repec:enr:rpaper:0008 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:262:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2143-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria H. Kim & Graham Partington, 2015. "Dynamic forecasts of financial distress of Australian firms," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(1), pages 135-160, February.
- Hernandez Tinoco, Mario & Wilson, Nick, 2013. "Financial distress and bankruptcy prediction among listed companies using accounting, market and macroeconomic variables," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 394-419.
- repec:luc:wpaper:13-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cole, Rebel A. & Wu, Qiongbing, 2009. "Is hazard or probit more accurate in predicting financial distress? Evidence from U.S. bank failures," MPRA Paper 24688, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2010.
- Mãdãlina Ecaterina POPESCU, 2015. "Proposal for a Decision Support System to Predict Financial Distress," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 16(1), pages 112-118, March.
- Hee-Koung Joeng & Ming-Hui Chen & Sangwook Kang, 2016. "Proportional exponentiated link transformed hazards (ELTH) models for discrete time survival data with application," Lifetime Data Analysis: An International Journal Devoted to Statistical Methods and Applications for Time-to-Event Data, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 38-62, January.
- Dimitra Michala & Theoharry Grammatikos & Sara Ferreira Filipe, 2013. "Forecasting distress in European SME portfolios," LSF Research Working Paper Series 13-2, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Sanchez-Barrios, Luis Javier & Andreeva, Galina & Ansell, Jake, 2016. "“Time-to-profit scorecards for revolving credit”," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(2), pages 397-406.
- Maghyereh, Aktham I. & Awartani, Basel, 2014. "Bank distress prediction: Empirical evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 126-147.
- repec:enr:rpaper:0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruneau, C. & de Bandt, O. & El Amri, W., 2012.
"Macroeconomic fluctuations and corporate financial fragility,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 219-235.
- Bruneau, C. & de Bandt, O. & El Amri, W., 2008. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations and Corporate Financial Fragility," Working papers 226, Banque de France.
- Catherine Bruneau & Olivier De Bandt & W. Elamri, 2012. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations and Corporate financial Fragility," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00666757, HAL.
- Filipe, Sara Ferreira & Grammatikos, Theoharry & Michala, Dimitra, 2016. "Forecasting distress in European SME portfolios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 112-135.
- Jairaj Gupta & Andros Gregoriou & Jerome Healy, 2015. "Forecasting bankruptcy for SMEs using hazard function: To what extent does size matter?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 845-869, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jof:jforec:v:27:y:2008:i:6:p:493-506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.