Misunderstanding, conflict and divisions between the Visegrad Group and the European Union – an analytical discourse beyond the public cliché of the migration crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James D. J. Brown, 2009. "Identity and Foreign Policy: Baltic–Russian Relations and European Integration – Edited by E. Berg and P. Ehin," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 935-936, September.
- Michael Brecher & Blema Steinberg & Janice Stein, 1969. "A framework for research on foreign policy behavior," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 13(1), pages 75-94, March.
- Vachudova, Milada Anna, 2005. "Europe Undivided: Democracy, Leverage, and Integration After Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199241194.
- Mark Horridge & Bartlomiej Rokicki, 2018. "The impact of European Union accession on regional income convergence within the Visegrad countries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(4), pages 503-515, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Peter Burnell, 2008. "From Evaluating Democracy Assistance to Appraising Democracy Promotion," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 56(2), pages 414-434, June.
- Smirnykh, Larisa & Woergoetter, Andreas, 2021.
"Regional convergence in CEE before and after the Global Financial Crisis,"
IHS Working Paper Series
33, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Smirnykh, Larisa & Wörgötter, Andreas, 2021. "Regional convergence in CEE before and after the Global Financial Crisis," ECON WPS - Working Papers in Economic Theory and Policy 03/2021, TU Wien, Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics, Economics Research Unit.
- Julia Bachtrögler & Christoph Hammer & Wolf Heinrich Reuter & Florian Schwendinger, 2019. "Guide to the galaxy of EU regional funds recipients: evidence from new data," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 46(1), pages 103-150, February.
- Tanja A. Börzel & Thomas Risse, 2009. "Diffusing (Inter-) Regionalism - The EU as a Model of Regional Integration," KFG Working Papers p0007, Free University Berlin.
- Richard Connolly, 2012. "The Determinants of the Economic Crisis in Post-Socialist Europe," Europe-Asia Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(1), pages 35-67.
- Loukas Tsoukalis, 2006. "The JCMS Lecture: Managing Diversity and Change in the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Tanja A. Börzel, 2010. "The Transformative Power of Europe Reloaded - The Limits of External Europeanization," KFG Working Papers p0011, Free University Berlin.
- Ingi Iusmen, 2015. "EU Leverage and Democratic Backsliding in Central and Eastern Europe: the Case of Romania," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 593-608, May.
- Rose, Richard, 2007. "Evaluating democratic governance: A bottom up approach to European Union enlargement," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Inequality and Social Integration SP I 2007-201, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Mirela Dubali Alhasani, 2016. "To What Extend the Democratic Party of Albania is Conservative? A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis of This Political Party," Journal of Social Science Studies, Macrothink Institute, vol. 3(2), pages 160-172, July.
- Rachel A. Epstein & Wade Jacoby, 2014. "JCMS Special Issue 2014: Eastern Enlargement Ten Years On: Transcending the East-West Divide? Guest Editors: Rachel A. Epstein and Wade Jacoby," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Tanja BÃ¶rzel & Adam Fagan, 2015. "Environmental governance in South East Europe/Western Balkans: reassessing the transformative power of Europe," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 33(5), pages 885-900, October.
- Rachel A. Epstein & Juliet Johnson, 2010. "Uneven Integration: Economic and Monetary Union in Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 1237-1260, November.
- Tanja A. Börzel, 2011. "When Europeanization Hits Limited Statehood. The Western Balkans as a Test Case for the Transformative Power of Europe," KFG Working Papers p0030, Free University Berlin.
- Frank Schimmelfennig & Hanno Scholtz, 2010. "Legacies and Leverage: EU Political Conditionality and Democracy Promotion in Historical Perspective," Europe-Asia Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 62(3), pages 443-460.
- Gülnur Aybet & Florian Bieber, 2011. "From Dayton to Brussels: The Impact of EU and NATO Conditionality on State Building in Bosnia & Hercegovina," Europe-Asia Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 63(10), pages 1911-1937.
- Michelle Pace, 2007. "The Construction of EU Normative Power," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45, pages 1041-1064, December.
- Manuela Moschella, 2007. "An International Political Economy Approach to the Neighbourhood Policy. The ENP from the Enlargement and the Mediterranean Perspectives," European Political Economy Review, European Political Economy Infrastructure Consortium, vol. 7(Summer), pages 156-180.
- Tanja A. BÃ¶rzel, 2011. "Move Closer! New Modes of Governance and Accession to the European Union," Working Papers of the Vienna Institute for European integration research (EIF) 1, Institute for European integration research (EIF).
- Julia Langbein, 2014. "JCMS Special Issue 2014: Eastern Enlargement Ten Years On: Transcending the East-West Divide? Guest Editors: Rachel A. Epstein and Wade Jacoby," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 157-174, January.
More about this item
KeywordsVisegrad Group; European polycrisis; role concept; identity concept;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:wpaper:y:2019:v:11:i:1:p:22-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.