Social Circles: A Simple Structure for Agent-Based Social Network Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dorogovtsev, S.N. & Mendes, J.F.F., 2003. "Evolution of Networks: From Biological Nets to the Internet and WWW," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198515906.
- Josep M. Pujol & Andreas Flache & Jordi Delgado & Ramon Sangüesa, 2005. "How Can Social Networks Ever Become Complex? Modelling the Emergence of Complex Networks from Local Social Exchanges," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 8(4), pages 1-12.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:comaot:v:23:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10588-016-9232-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Ausloos & Herbert Dawid & Ugo Merlone, 2014. "Spatial interactions in agent-based modeling," Papers 1405.0733, arXiv.org.
- Shu-Heng Chen & Umberto Gostoli, 2017.
"Coordination in the El Farol Bar problem: The role of social preferences and social networks,"
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination,
Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 12(1), pages 59-93, April.
- Chen, Shu-Heng & Gostoli, Umberto, 2013. "Coordination in the El Farol Bar problem: The role of social preferences and social networks," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-20, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Telcs, András & Csernai, Márton & Gulyás, András, 2013. "Load balanced diffusive capture process on homophilic scale-free networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(3), pages 510-519.
- Laura Schmitt Olabisi & Ryan Qi Wang & Arika Ligmann-Zielinska, 2015. "Why Don’t More Farmers Go Organic? Using A Stakeholder-Informed Exploratory Agent-Based Model to Represent the Dynamics of Farming Practices in the Philippines," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-24, October.
- Zhang, J. & Tong, L. & Lamberson, P.J. & Durazo-Arvizu, R.A. & Luke, A. & Shoham, D.A., 2015. "Leveraging social influence to address overweight and obesity using agent-based models: The role of adolescent social networks," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 203-213.
- Aliakbary, Sadegh & Motallebi, Sadegh & Rashidian, Sina & Habibi, Jafar & Movaghar, Ali, 2015. "Noise-tolerant model selection and parameter estimation for complex networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 427(C), pages 100-112.
- Meysam Alizadeh & Claudio Cioffi-Revilla & Andrew Crooks, 0. "Generating and analyzing spatial social networks," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-29.
- Wolf, Ingo & Schröder, Tobias & Neumann, Jochen & de Haan, Gerhard, 2015. "Changing minds about electric cars: An empirically grounded agent-based modeling approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 269-285.
- Alistair Sutcliffe & Di Wang, 2012. "Computational Modelling of Trust and Social Relationships," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 15(1), pages 1-3.
- Dan Farhat, 2013. "An Agent-based Model of Interdisciplinary Science and the Evolution of Scientific Research Networks," Working Papers 1302, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2013.
- Bale, Catherine S.E. & McCullen, Nicholas J. & Foxon, Timothy J. & Rucklidge, Alastair M. & Gale, William F., 2013. "Harnessing social networks for promoting adoption of energy technologies in the domestic sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 833-844.
- Somayeh Koohborfardhaghighi & Jorn Altmann, 2016. "How Network Visibility and Strategic Networking Leads to the Emergence of Certain Network Characteristics: A Complex Adaptive System Approach," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2016130, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Aug 2016.
- Ronald, Nicole & Arentze, Theo & Timmermans, Harry, 2012. "Modeling social interactions between individuals for joint activity scheduling," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 276-290.
- Somayeh Koohborfardhaghighi & Jorn Altmann, 2016. "How Strategic Networking Impacts the Networking Outcome: A Complex Adaptive System Approach," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2016131, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Aug 2016.
- Fontana, Magda & Terna, Pietro, 2015. "From Agent-based models to network analysis (and return): the policy-making perspective," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201507, University of Turin.
- Maggi,Elena & Vallino,Elena, 2017. "An Agent-Based Simulation of Urban Passenger Mobility and Related Policies. The Case Study of an Italian Small City," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201708, University of Turin.
- Georg Mueller, 2011. "Microsimulation of Virtual Encounters: A New Methodology for the Analysis of Socio-Cultural Cleavages," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 4(1), pages 21-34.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Networks; Personal Networks; Agent-Based Models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jas:jasssj:2008-70-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.