Unemployment Dynamics and Labour Market Tightness: An Empirical Evaluation of Matching Function Models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Chesher & Tony Lancaster, 1983. "The Estimation of Models of Labour Market Behaviour," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 609-624.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- van den Berg, Gerard J, 1990.
"Search Behaviour, Transitions to Nonparticipation and the Duration of Unemployment,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 842-865, September.
- van den Berg, G., 1988. "Search behaviour, transitions to nonparticipation and the duration of unemployment," Research Memorandum 01393d23-5b79-44ba-b971-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ham, John C & Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1987.
"Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(3), pages 325-353, July.
- John C. Ham & Samuel A. Rea, 1986. "Unemployment Insurance and Male Unemployment Duration in Canada," Working Papers 592, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- van den Berg, Gerard J, 1992. "A Structural Dynamic Analysis of Job Turnover and the Costs Associated with Moving to Another Job," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1116-1133, September.
- Lindeboom, Maarten & Theeuwes, Jules, 1991. "Job Duration in the Netherlands: The Co-existence of High Turnover and Permanent Job Attachment," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 53(3), pages 243-264, August.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1979. "Estimating the Probability of Leaving Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1249-1266, September.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Ton Steerneman, 1991.
"The Correlation of Durations in Multivariate Hazard Rate Models,"
960, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Van Den Berg, G.J. & Steerneman, T., 1991. "The Correlation of Durations in Multivariate Hazard Rate Models," Papers 447, Groningen State, Institute of Economic Research-.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Profit & Stefan Sperlich, 2004.
"Non-uniformity of job-matching in a transition economy - A nonparametric analysis for the Czech Republic,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(7), pages 695-714.
- Profit, Stefan & Sperlich, Stefan, 1998. "Non-uniformity of job-matching in a transition economy: A nonparametric analysis for the Czech Republic," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,15, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Profit, Stefan & Sperlich, Stefan, 1999. "Non-uniformity of job-matching in a transition economy- a nonparametric analysis for the czech republic," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6287, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Munich, Daniel & Svejnar, Jan, 2009. "Unemployment and Worker-Firm Matching Theory and Evidence from East and West Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4810, The World Bank.
- Brian Silverstone, 2001. "Some Aspects of Labour Market Flows in New Zealand 1986-2001," Working Papers in Economics 01/02, University of Waikato.
- Daniel Munich & Jan Svejnar & Katherine Terrell, 2001. "Worker-firm Matching and Unemployment in Transition to a Market," Development and Comp Systems 0012011, EconWPA.
- Markus Gangl, 2000. "Education and Labour Market Entry across Europe : The Impact of Institutional Arrangements in Training Systems and Labour Markets," MZES Working Papers 25, MZES.
- Profit, Stefan, 1997. "Twin peaks in regional unemployment and returns to scale in job-matching in the Czech Republic," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,63, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Linda Y. Wong, 2003. "Can the Mortensen-Pissarides Model with Productivity Changes Explain U.S. Wage Inequality?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(1), pages 70-105, January.
- Peter Rodenburg, 2007.
"The Remarkable Place of the UV-Curve in Economic Theory,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
07-088/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Rodenburg, Peter, 2007. "The Remarkable Place of the UV-Curve in Economic Theory," MPRA Paper 5823, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Storer, Paul, 1996. "Separating the effects of aggregate and sectoral shocks with estimates from a Markov-switching search model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 93-121.
- René Fahr & Uwe Sunde, 2002. "On the Effects of Career Choice: Matching Efficiency of Different Occupations and Education Levels," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B1-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Brian Silverstone & Will Bell, 2011. "Gross Labour Market Flows in New Zealand: Some Questions and Answers," Working Papers in Economics 11/15, University of Waikato.
- Chul-In Lee, 2010. "Can Search-Matching Models Explain Migration And Wage And Unemployment Gaps In Developing Economies? A Calibration Approach," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 635-654.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:9:y:1994:i:4:p:389-419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.