The Value of Fast Fashion: Quick Response, Enhanced Design, and Strategic Consumer Behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Robert Swinney, 2009. "Purchasing, Pricing, and Quick Response in the Presence of Strategic Consumers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(3), pages 497-511, March.
- Qian Liu & Garrett J. van Ryzin, 2008. "Strategic Capacity Rationing to Induce Early Purchases," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(6), pages 1115-1131, June.
- Manu Goyal & Serguei Netessine, 2007. "Strategic Technology Choice and Capacity Investment Under Demand Uncertainty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(2), pages 192-207, February.
- Krishnan S. Anand & Karan Girotra, 2007. "The Strategic Perils of Delayed Differentiation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(5), pages 697-712, May.
- Bulow, Jeremy I, 1982. "Durable-Goods Monopolists," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 314-332, April.
- Nancy L. Stokey, 1981. "Rational Expectations and Durable Goods Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 112-128, Spring.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1990. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Technology, Strategy, and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 511-528, June.
- Rui Yin & Yossi Aviv & Amit Pazgal & Christopher S. Tang, 2009. "Optimal Markdown Pricing: Implications of Inventory Display Formats in the Presence of Strategic Customers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(8), pages 1391-1408, August.
- Xuanming Su & Fuqiang Zhang, 2008. "Strategic Customer Behavior, Commitment, and Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(10), pages 1759-1773, October.
- Ananth. V. Iyer & Mark E. Bergen, 1997. "Quick Response in Manufacturer-Retailer Channels," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 559-570, April.
- Hau L. Lee & Christopher S. Tang, 1997. "Modelling the Costs and Benefits of Delayed Product Differentiation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(1), pages 40-53, January.
- Felipe Caro & Victor Martínez-de-Albéniz, 2010. "The Impact of Quick Response in Inventory-Based Competition," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 409-429, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:143:y:2017:i:c:p:133-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valeria SMEETS & Sharon TRAIBERMAN & Frederic WARZYNSKI, 2014.
"Offshoring and the Shortening of the Quality Ladder: Evidence from Danish Apparel,"
DP-2014-12, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Valérie Smeets & Sharon Traiberman & Frederic Warzynski, 2014. "Offshoring and the Shortening of the Quality Ladder: Evidence from Danish Apparel," Working Papers 2014-14, CEPII research center.
- Aydinliyim, Tolga & Pangburn, Michael S. & Rabinovich, Elliot, 2017. "Inventory disclosure in online retailing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 261(1), pages 195-204.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:31-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:257:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2204-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aviv, Yossi & Bazhanov, Andrei & Levin, Yuri & Nediak, Mikhail, 2016. "Quantity Competition under Resale Price Maintenance when Most Favored Customers are Strategic," MPRA Paper 72011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ye, Taofeng & Sun, Hao, 2016. "Price-setting newsvendor with strategic consumers," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 103-110.
- repec:wsi:ijitdm:v:16:y:2017:i:06:n:s021962201750002x is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Swinney, 2011. "Selling to Strategic Consumers When Product Value Is Uncertain: The Value of Matching Supply and Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(10), pages 1737-1751, October.
- Lect. Alexandra-Codru?a Popescu (Bîzoi) Ph. D, 2015. "Fast Fashion And Sustainable Supply Chain Management," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(24), pages 29-40, APRIL.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:191:y:2017:i:c:p:170-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herbert Dawid & Reinhold Decker & Thomas Hermann & Hermann Jahnke & Wilhelm Klat & Rolf König & Christian Stummer, 2017. "Management science in the era of smart consumer products: challenges and research perspectives," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 25(1), pages 203-230, March.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:198:y:2018:i:c:p:70-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Daojian & Qi, Ershi & Li, Yajiao, 2015. "Quick response and supply chain structure with strategic consumers," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-14.
- Zhao, Yingxue & Choi, Tsan-Ming & Cheng, T.C.E. & Sethi, Suresh P. & Wang, Shouyang, 2014. "Buyback contracts with price-dependent demands: Effects of demand uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 663-673.
- Du, Jie & Zhang, Juliang & Hua, Guowei, 2015. "Pricing and inventory management in the presence of strategic customers with risk preference and decreasing value," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 160-166.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:20:y:2013:i:2:p:200-206 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hsin Hsin Chang & Yao-Chuan Tsai & Chen-Su Fu & Shu-Hui Chen & Yao Peng, 2016. "Exploring the antecedents and consequences of technology and knowledge integration mechanisms in the context of NPD," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 18(6), pages 1165-1189, December.
More about this item
Keywordsstrategic consumer behavior; quick response; fast fashion; game theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:57:y:2011:i:4:p:778-795. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.