Conditional Monte Carlo Estimation of Quantile Sensitivities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pentland, Brian T. & Carlile, Paul, 1996. "Audit the taxpayer, not the return: Tax auditing as an expression game," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 269-287.
- Sanchez, Isabel & Sobel, Joel, 1993. "Hierarchical design and enforcement of income tax policies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 345-369, March.
- Kim C. Border & Joel Sobel, 1987. "Samurai Accountant: A Theory of Auditing and Plunder," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(4), pages 525-540.
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i:2:p:343-356 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dilip Mookherjee & Ivan Png, 1989. "Optimal Auditing, Insurance, and Redistribution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 399-415.
- Slemrod, Joel & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2002. "Tax avoidance, evasion, and administration," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 22, pages 1423-1470 Elsevier.
- Chang, Cyril F. & Steinbart, Paul J. & Tuckman, Howard P., 1993. "Are Medicare audits random or predictable?," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 135-154.
- Stanley Baiman & Joel S. Demski, 1980. "Variance Analysis Procedures as Motivational Devices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(8), pages 840-848, August.
- James Andreoni & Brian Erard & Jonathan Feinstein, 1998. "Tax Compliance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 818-860, June.
- Alm, James & Bahl, Roy & Murray, Matthew N., 1993. "Audit selection and income tax underreporting in the tax compliance game," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-33, October.
- Naomi E. Feldman & Joel Slemrod, 2007. "Estimating tax noncompliance with evidence from unaudited tax returns," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(518), pages 327-352, March.
- de la Fuente, Angel & Marin, JoseMaria, 1996.
"Innovation, bank monitoring, and endogenous financial development,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 269-301, October.
- Ángel de la Fuente & José M. Marín, 1994. "Innovation, "bank" monitoring and endogenous financial development," Economics Working Papers 59, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- de la Fuente, Angel & Marín Vigueras, José Maria, 1995. "Innovation, 'Bank' Monitoring and Endogenous Financial Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 1276, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Graetz, Michael J & Reinganum, Jennifer F & Wilde, Louis L, 1986.
"The Tax Compliance Game: Toward an Interactive Theory of Law Enforcement,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, Spring.
- Graetz, Michael J. & Reinganum, Jennifer F. & Wilde, Louis L., "undated". "The Tax Compliance Game: Toward an Interactive Theory of Law Enforcement," Working Papers 589, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Gahvari, Firouz, 1996. "Tax evasion and the optimum general income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 235-249, May.
- Alm, James & Blackwell, Calvin & McKee, Michael, 2004. "Audit Selection and Firm Compliance With a Broad-Based Sales Tax," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 57(2), pages 209-227, June.
- Charles A. Holt & Susan K. Laury, 2002. "Risk Aversion and Incentive Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1644-1655, December.
- Jennie Cho & Jilnaught Wong & Norman Wong, 2006. "Book-Tax Differences and Inland Revenue Audit Adjustments in New Zealand," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(9-10), pages 1650-1667.
- Hohzaki, Ryusuke, 2007. "An inspection game with multiple inspectees," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(3), pages 894-906, May.
- Steven Shavell & A. Mitchell Polinsky, 2000. "The Economic Theory of Public Enforcement of Law," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 45-76, March.
- Mustafa Besim & Glenn Jenkins, 2005. "Tax compliance: when do employees behave like the self-employed?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(10), pages 1201-1208.
- Polinsky, A. Mitchell & Shavell, Steven, 1998. "On offense history and the theory of deterrence," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 305-324, September.
- Bontems, Philippe & Bourgeon, Jean-Marc, 2005.
"Optimal environmental taxation and enforcement policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 409-435, February.
- P. Bontems & J-M. Bourgeon, 2000. "Optimal Environmental Taxation and Enforcement Policy," THEMA Working Papers 2000-56, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Robert Bushman & Chandra Kanodia, 1996. "A Note on Strategic Sampling in Agencies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(1), pages 151-156, January.
- N/A, 1996. "Note:," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 31(1-2), pages 1-1, January.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Picard, Pierre, 1996. "Auditing claims in the insurance market with fraud: The credibility issue," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 27-56, December.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 2005. "The Theory of Tax Evasion: A Retrospective View," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 58(4), pages 643-663, December.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Foucher, Caroline, 1999. "Pollution Monitoring: Optimal Design of Inspection--An Economic Analysis of the Use of Satellite Information to Deter Oil Pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 81-96, July.
- Avenhaus, Rudolf & Von Stengel, Bernhard & Zamir, Shmuel, 2002. "Inspection games," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 51, pages 1947-1987 Elsevier.
- Kaplow, Louis & Shavell, Steven, 1994.
"Optimal Law Enforcement with Self-Reporting of Behavior,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 583-606, June.
- Louis Kaplow & Steven Shavell, 1991. "Optimal Law Enforcement with Self-Reporting of Behavior," NBER Working Papers 3822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & Graetz, Michael J & Wilde, Louis L, 1987. "Are We a Nation of Tax Cheaters? New Econometric Evidence on Tax Compliance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 240-245, May.
- Alm, James & McKee, Michael, 2004. "Tax compliance as a coordination game," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 297-312, July.
- Wurst, John & Neter, John & Godfrey, James, 1989. "Efficiency of Sieve Sampling in Auditing," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(2), pages 199-205, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J P C Kleijnen & W C M van Beers, 2013.
"Monotonicity-preserving bootstrapped Kriging metamodels for expensive simulations,"
Journal of the Operational Research Society,
Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 64(5), pages 708-717, May.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M., 2009. "Monotonicity-Preserving Bootstrapped Kriging Metamodels for Expensive Simulations," Discussion Paper 2009-75, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & van Beers, W.C.M., 2013. "Monotonicity-preserving bootstrapped kriging metamodels for expensive simulations," Other publications TiSEM 6b0d8c68-19f5-485b-b3e2-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Chang, Kuo-Hao, 2015. "A direct search method for unconstrained quantile-based simulation optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 487-495.
- Bernd Heidergott & Warren Volk-Makarewicz, 2013. "A Measure-Valued Differentiation Approach to Sensitivity Analysis of Quantiles," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-082/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Begen, Mehmet A. & Pun, Hubert & Yan, Xinghao, 2016. "Supply and demand uncertainty reduction efforts and cost comparison," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 125-134.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Pierreval, Henri & Zhang, Jin, 2011.
"Methodology for determining the acceptability of system designs in uncertain environments,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 209(2), pages 176-183, March.
- Kleijnen, Jack P.C. & Pierreval, H. & Zhang, J., 2011. "Methodology for determining the acceptability of system designs in uncertain environments," Other publications TiSEM e7680883-7f29-4452-9533-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kellner, Ralf & Rösch, Daniel, 2016. "Quantifying market risk with Value-at-Risk or Expected Shortfall? – Consequences for capital requirements and model risk," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 45-63.
More about this item
Keywordsquantiles; value at risk; credit risk; Monte Carlo simulation; gradient estimation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:55:y:2009:i:12:p:2019-2027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.