Service-Level Differentiation in Call Centers with Fully Flexible Servers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 2001. "Contracting to Assure Supply: How to Share Demand Forecasts in a Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 629-646, May.
- Joseph M. Milner & Tava Lennon Olsen, 2008. "Service-Level Agreements in Call Centers: Perils and Prescriptions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(2), pages 238-252, February.
- Vinayak Deshpande & Morris A. Cohen & Karen Donohue, 2003. "A Threshold Inventory Rationing Policy for Service-Differentiated Demand Classes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(6), pages 683-703, June.
- Ward Whitt, 2004. "Efficiency-Driven Heavy-Traffic Approximations for Many-Server Queues with Abandonments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(10), pages 1449-1461, October.
- Rodney B. Wallace & Ward Whitt, 2005. "A Staffing Algorithm for Call Centers with Skill-Based Routing," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(4), pages 276-294, August.
- J. Michael Harrison & Assaf Zeevi, 2005. "A Method for Staffing Large Call Centers Based on Stochastic Fluid Models," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 20-36, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Itay Gurvich & Ward Whitt, 2009. "Queue-and-Idleness-Ratio Controls in Many-Server Service Systems," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 363-396, May.
- Itay Gurvich & Mor Armony & Constantinos Maglaras, 2009. "Cross-Selling in a Call Center with a Heterogeneous Customer Population," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(2), pages 299-313, April.
- Iannoni, Ana Paula & Chiyoshi, Fernando & Morabito, Reinaldo, 2015. "A spatially distributed queuing model considering dispatching policies with server reservation," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 49-66.
- Terekhov, Daria & Christopher Beck, J., 2009. "An extended queueing control model for facilities with front room and back room operations and mixed-skilled workers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 223-231, October.
- Edward Hult & Houyuan Jiang & Daniel Ralph, 2014. "Exact computational approaches to a stochastic uncapacitated single allocation p-hub center problem," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 59(1), pages 185-200, October.
- Youngsoo Kim & Ramayya Krishnan & Linda Argote, 2012. "The Learning Curve of IT Knowledge Workers in a Computing Call Center," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(3-part-2), pages 887-902, September.
- Amy R. Ward & Mor Armony, 2013. "Blind Fair Routing in Large-Scale Service Systems with Heterogeneous Customers and Servers," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 61(1), pages 228-243, February.
- Sandjai Bhulai & Taoying Farenhorst-Yuan & Bernd Heidergott & Dinard Laan, 2012. "Optimal balanced control for call centers," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 201(1), pages 39-62, December.
- Jouini, Oualid & Pot, Auke & Koole, Ger & Dallery, Yves, 2010. "Online scheduling policies for multiclass call centers with impatient customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 258-268, November.
- Tolga Tezcan & J. G. Dai, 2010. "Dynamic Control of N -Systems with Many Servers: Asymptotic Optimality of a Static Priority Policy in Heavy Traffic," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(1), pages 94-110, February.
- Avishai Mandelbaum & Petar Momčilović, 2008. "Queues with Many Servers: The Virtual Waiting-Time Process in the QED Regime," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 33(3), pages 561-586, August.
- Itai Gurvich & James Luedtke & Tolga Tezcan, 2010. "Staffing Call Centers with Uncertain Demand Forecasts: A Chance-Constrained Optimization Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(7), pages 1093-1115, July.
- Itai Gurvich & Ward Whitt, 2010. "Service-Level Differentiation in Many-Server Service Systems via Queue-Ratio Routing," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 316-328, April.
- Vijay Mehrotra & Kevin Ross & Geoff Ryder & Yong-Pin Zhou, 2012. "Routing to Manage Resolution and Waiting Time in Call Centers with Heterogeneous Servers," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 14(1), pages 66-81, January.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:274:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-018-2924-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Z. Justin Ren & Yong-Pin Zhou, 2008. "Call Center Outsourcing: Coordinating Staffing Level and Service Quality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(2), pages 369-383, February.
- Itay Gurvich & Ward Whitt, 2009. "Scheduling Flexible Servers with Convex Delay Costs in Many-Server Service Systems," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 237-253, June.
- Mor Armony & Amy R. Ward, 2010. "Fair Dynamic Routing in Large-Scale Heterogeneous-Server Systems," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(3), pages 624-637, June.
- Achal Bassamboo & Ramandeep S. Randhawa & Assaf Zeevi, 2010. "Capacity Sizing Under Parameter Uncertainty: Safety Staffing Principles Revisited," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(10), pages 1668-1686, October.
- Achal Bassamboo & Assaf Zeevi, 2009. "On a Data-Driven Method for Staffing Large Call Centers," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(3), pages 714-726, June.
- Mor Armony & Itai Gurvich, 2010. "When Promotions Meet Operations: Cross-Selling and Its Effect on Call Center Performance," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 470-488, April.
More about this item
Keywordscall centers; heavy traffic; QED regime; square-root safety staffing; skill-based routing; Halfin-Whitt regime; outsourcing; service-level constraints;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:54:y:2008:i:2:p:279-294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.