A Remark on Third Degree Stochastic Dominance
This note presents two counterexamples to illustrate that neither implication of Theorem 4 in Levy (1992) is correct.
Volume (Year): 46 (2000)
Issue (Month): 6 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Booth, James R. & Tehranian, Hassan & Trennepohl, Gary L., 1985. "Efficiency Analysis and Option Portfolio Selection," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 435-450, December.
- Kroll, Yoram & Levy, Haim, 1979. "Stochastic Dominance With a Riskless Asset: An Imperfect Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 179-204, June.
- Levy, Haim & Kroll, Yoram, 1979. "Efficiency Analysis with Borrowing and Lending: Criteria and Their Effectiveness," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(1), pages 125-130, February.
- Yoram Kroll & Haim Levy, 1986. "A Parametric Approach to Stochastic Dominance: The Lognormal Case," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 283-288, March.
- Muliere, Pietro & Scarsini, Marco, 1989.
"A note on stochastic dominance and inequality measures,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 314-323, December.
- Marco Scarsini & Pietro Muliere, 1989. "A note on stochastic dominance and inequality measures," Post-Print hal-00542231, HAL.
- Haim Levy, 1992. "Stochastic Dominance and Expected Utility: Survey and Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(4), pages 555-593, April.
- Levy, Haim & Kroll, Yoram, 1978. "Ordering Uncertain Options with Borrowing and Lending," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(2), pages 553-574, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:6:p:870-873. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.