The Effects of Coefficient Correlation Structure in Two-Dimensional Knapsack Problems on Solution Procedure Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frieze, A. M. & Clarke, M. R. B., 1984. "Approximation algorithms for the m-dimensional 0-1 knapsack problem: Worst-case and probabilistic analyses," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 100-109, January.
- Egon Balas & Clarence H. Martin, 1980. "Pivot and Complement--A Heuristic for 0-1 Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 86-96, January.
- Stelios H. Zanakis, 1977. "Heuristic 0-1 Linear Programming: An Experimental Comparison of Three Methods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(1), pages 91-104, September.
- C. N. Potts & L. N. Van Wassenhove, 1988. "Algorithms for Scheduling a Single Machine to Minimize the Weighted Number of Late Jobs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 843-858, July.
- Freville, Arnaud & Plateau, Gerard, 1993. "An exact search for the solution of the surrogate dual of the 0-1 bidimensional knapsack problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 413-421, August.
- Yoshiaki Toyoda, 1975. "A Simplified Algorithm for Obtaining Approximate Solutions to Zero-One Programming Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(12), pages 1417-1427, August.
- Marshall L. Fisher & R. Jaikumar & Luk N. Van Wassenhove, 1986. "A Multiplier Adjustment Method for the Generalized Assignment Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(9), pages 1095-1103, September.
- Lokketangen, Arne & Glover, Fred, 1998. "Solving zero-one mixed integer programming problems using tabu search," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(2-3), pages 624-658, April.
- Mohammad M. Amini & Michael Racer, 1994. "A Rigorous Computational Comparison of Alternative Solution Methods for the Generalized Assignment Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(7), pages 868-890, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Freville, Arnaud, 2004. "The multidimensional 0-1 knapsack problem: An overview," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(1), pages 1-21, May.
- Vasquez, Michel & Vimont, Yannick, 2005. "Improved results on the 0-1 multidimensional knapsack problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 70-81, August.
- Lutfu Sagbansua, 2009. "A New Algorithm for Minimum Cost MRGAP," European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, Fatih University, vol. 2(2), pages 23-40.
- Reilly, Charles H. & Sapkota, Nabin, 2015. "A family of composite discrete bivariate distributions with uniform marginals for simulating realistic and challenging optimization-problem instances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(3), pages 642-652.
More about this item
Keywordsproduct moment correlation induction; rank correlation induction; computational testing of algorithms/heuristics; empirical analysis of algorithms/heuristics; bidimensional knapsack problem; test problem generation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:2:p:302-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.