On the Italian ACE and its impact on enterprise performance: a PLS-path modeling analysis
In 1998 Italy introduced a restricted version of an Allowance for Corporate Equity, called Dual Income Tax. Using data integrating Italy’s Institute for Statistics enterprise survey data and company accounts, we explore the effects of the Dual Income Tax on enterprise performance in 1998-2001. Firms benefiting from this allowance are simulated through the DIECOFIS corporate tax microsimulation model. The method to estimate enterprise performance is based on a structural equation model which allows us to compute a composite indicator given specific factors observed from enterprise activity. We find a positive impact of the Dual Income Tax on enterprise performance in that companies benefiting from this allowance outperformed non-eligible ones.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander Klemm, 2006.
"Allowances for Corporate Equity in Practice,"
IMF Working Papers
06/259, International Monetary Fund.
- Robin Boadway & Neil Bruce, 1982.
"A General Proposition on the Design of a Neutral Business Tax,"
461, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Boadway, Robin & Bruce, Neil, 1984. "A general proposition on the design of a neutral business tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 231-239, July.
- Filippo Oropallo & Valentino Parisi, 2007. "Will Italy’s Tax Reform Reduce the Corporate Tax Burden? A Microsimulation Analysis," Rivista di statistica ufficiale, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY), vol. 9(1), pages 31-58, march.
- Michela Nardo & Michaela Saisana & Andrea Saltelli & Stefano Tarantola & Anders Hoffman & Enrico Giovannini, 2005. "Handbook on Constructing Composite Indicators: Methodology and User Guide," OECD Statistics Working Papers 2005/3, OECD Publishing.
- Massimo Bordignon & Silvia Giannini & Paolo Panteghini, 2001. "Reforming Business Taxation: Lessons from Italy?," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 191-210, March.
- repec:rtv:ceiswp:216 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijm:journl:v:4:y:2011:i:2:p:14-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gijs Dekkers)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.