The X-Efficiency Of The Sudanese Islamic Banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark, Jeffrey A, 1996. "Economic Cost, Scale Efficiency, and Competitive Viability in Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 342-364, August.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Simar, L., 1991.
"Estimating efficiencies from frontier models with panel data: a comparison of parametric, non-parametric and semi-parametric methods with boot strapping,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1991026, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- SIMAR,Â LÃ©opold, 1992. "Estimating efficiencies from frontier models with panel data: a comparison of parametric, non-parametric and semi-parametric metods with bootstrapping," CORE Discussion Papers RP 995, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Franklin R. Edwards & Arnold A. Heggestad, 1973. "Uncertainty, Market Structure, and Performance: The Galbraith-Caves Hypothesis and Managerial Motives in Banking," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 455-473.
- English, M. & Grosskopf, S. & Hayes, K. & Yaisawarng, S., 1993. "Output allocative and technical efficiency of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 349-366, April.
- Jagtiani, Julapa & Khanthavit, Anya, 1996. "Scale and scope economies at large banks: Including off-balance sheet products and regulatory effects (1984-1991)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1271-1287, August.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 1993. "Can megamergers improve bank efficiency?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 423-436, April.
- Kaparakis, Emmanuel I & Miller, Stephen M & Noulas, Athanasios G, 1994. "Short-Run Cost Inefficiency of Commercial Banks: A Flexible Stochastic Frontier Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 875-893, November.
- Esho, Neil, 2001. "The determinants of cost efficiency in cooperative financial institutions: Australian evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 941-964, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asma Mghaieth & Imen Khanchel El Mehdi, 2014. "The determinants of cost/profit efficiency of Islamic banks before, during and after the crisis of 2007," Working Papers 2014-107, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Samir Srairi, 2010. "Cost and profit efficiency of conventional and Islamic banks in GCC countries," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 45-62, August.
- Jill Johnes & Marwan Izzeldin & Vasileios Pappas, 2012. "A comparison of performance of Islamic and conventional banks 2004 to 2009," Working Papers 12893801, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
More about this item
KeywordsX-inefficiency; Islamic banks; Stochastic Frontier Approach;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ije:journl:v:11:y:2003:i:2:p:123=-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gairuzazmi Mat Ghani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feiiumy.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.