Optimal Ordering and Trade Credit Policy for EOQ Model
Trade credit is the most prevailing economic phenomena used by the suppliers for encouraging the retailers to increase their ordering quantity. In this article, an attempt is made to derive a mathematical model to find optimal credit policy and hence ordering quantity to minimize the cost. Even though, credit period is offered by the supplier, both parties (supplier and retailer) sit together to agree upon the permissible credit for settlement of the accounts by the retailer. A numerical example is given to support the analytical arguments.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chung, Kun-Jen & Huang, Yung-Fu, 2003. "The optimal cycle time for EPQ inventory model under permissible delay in payments," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 307-318, June.
- Jamal, A. M. M. & Sarker, Bhaba R. & Wang, Shaojun, 2000. "Optimal payment time for a retailer under permitted delay of payment by the wholesaler," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 59-66, June.
- Teng, Jinn-Tsair & Chang, Chun-Tao & Goyal, Suresh Kumar, 2005. "Optimal pricing and ordering policy under permissible delay in payments," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 121-129, August.
- Chung, Kun-Jen & Goyal, Suresh Kumar & Huang, Yung-Fu, 2005. "The optimal inventory policies under permissible delay in payments depending on the ordering quantity," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 203-213, February.
- Robert A. Davis & Norman Gaither, 1985. "Optimal Ordering Policies Under Conditions of Extended Payment Privileges," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 499-509, April.
- Abad, P. L. & Jaggi, C. K., 2003. "A joint approach for setting unit price and the length of the credit period for a seller when end demand is price sensitive," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 115-122, February.
- Charles W. Haley & Robert C. Higgins, 1973. "Inventory Policy and Trade Credit Financing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(4-Part-I), pages 464-471, December.
- Ouyang, Liang-Yuh & Teng, Jinn-Tsair & Chuang, Kai-Wayne & Chuang, Bor-Ren, 2005. "Optimal inventory policy with noninstantaneous receipt under trade credit," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 290-300, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iih:journl:v:2:y:2008:i:1:p:66-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Faraz Ahmed)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Faraz Ahmed to update the entry or send us the correct address
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.