Comparación de Ponderaciones en Regresiones Probit Simultáneas en un Modelo para la Estimación de la Participación Laboral
Estimations of labor participation, based on samples of complex design, generally do not discuss the use of weights; implicitly considering that the data came from a simple random sampling. This paper studies the effects of the application of three weighing alternatives : i) not to weigh ii) to assign weights which are proportional to agglomerate size iii) to select a sub-sample which allow self-representation. The application is carried out for a wave of the Permanent Household Survey (Encuesta Permanente de Hogares - EPH) on a model of simultaneous probit equations. The evaluation of the estimates obtained suggests that not to weigh produces no significant biases and represents an antecedent to the empirical estimates with nonlinear models for a system of equations with limited dependent variables.
Volume (Year): XLV (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 54 0351 4437300 int 253
Fax: 54 351 433 4436
Web page: http://ief.eco.unc.edu.ar/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masaru Sasaki, 2002. "The Causal Effect of Family Structure on Labor Force Participation among Japanese Married Women," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(2), pages 429-440.
- Gong, Xiaodong & van Soest, Arthur, 2000.
"Family Structure and Female Labour Supply in Mexico City,"
IZA Discussion Papers
214, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xiaodong Gong & Arthur van Soest, 2002. "Family Structure and Female Labor Supply in Mexico City," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(1), pages 163-191.
- Gong, X. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1997. "Family Structure and Female Labour Supply in Mexico City," Discussion Paper 1997-114, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Leibowitz, A. & Klerman, J.A., 1995. "Explaining Changes in Married Mothers'Employment Over Time," Papers 95-13, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Mallar, Charles D, 1977. "The Estimation of Simultaneous Probability Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(7), pages 1717-22, October.
- DUGUET Emmanuel & SIMONNET Veronique, 2004. "The participation of couples in the labor market: an econometric analysis," Labor and Demography 0411005, EconWPA.
- Wong, Rebeca & Levine, Ruth E, 1992. "The Effect of Household Structure on Women's Economic Activity and Fertility: Evidence from Recent Mothers in Urban Mexico," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 89-102, October.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521338257 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ief:reveye:v:45:y:2007:i:2:p:95-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcelo Coser)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.