Predictive performance of conditional Extreme Value Theory in Value-at-Risk estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Longqing, 2017. "A Comparative Study of GARCH and EVT Model in Modeling Value-at-Risk," MPRA Paper 85645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karmakar, Madhusudan, 2013. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures in the Indian stock market: An extreme value approach," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 79-85.
- Karmakar, Madhusudan & Shukla, Girja K., 2015. "Managing extreme risk in some major stock markets: An extreme value approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 1-25.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Araújo Santos, Paulo & Al-Hassan, Abdullah, 2013. "Downside risk management and VaR-based optimal portfolios for precious metals, oil and stocks," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 318-334.
- Karmakar, Madhusudan & Paul, Samit, 2016. "Intraday risk management in International stock markets: A conditional EVT approach," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 34-55.
- Jimenez-Martin, Juan-Angel & McAleer, Michael & Pérez-Amaral, Teodosio & Santos, Paulo Araújo, 2013.
"GFC-robust risk management under the Basel Accord using extreme value methodologies,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 223-237.
- Paulo Araújo Santos & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Michael McAleer & Teodosio Pérez Amaral, 2011. "GFC-Robust Risk Management Under the Basel Accord Using Extreme Value Methodologies," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2011-27, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Juan-Angel Jimenez-Martin & Michael McAleer & Teodosio Perez Amaral & Paulo Araujo Santos, 2013. "GFC-Robust Risk Management under the Basel Accord using Extreme Value Methodologies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-070/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michael McAleer & Paulo Araújo Santos & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Teodosio Pérez Amaral, 2011. "GFC-Robust Risk Management Under the Basel Accord Using Extreme Value Methodologies," KIER Working Papers 782, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Santos, P.A. & Jiménez-Martín, J.A. & McAleer, M.J. & Pérez-Amaral, T., 2011. "GFC-Robust Risk Management Under the Basel Accord Using Extreme Value Methodologies," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI2011-27, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Paulo Araújo Santos & Juan-Ángel Jiménez-Martín & Michael McAleer & Teodosio Pérez Amaral, 2011. "GFC-Robust Risk Management Under the Basel Accord Using Extreme Value Methodologies," Working Papers in Economics 11/28, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ghorbel, Ahmed & Trabelsi, Abdelwahed, 2014. "Energy portfolio risk management using time-varying extreme value copula methods," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 470-485.
- Ourir, Awatef & Snoussi, Wafa, 2012. "Markets liquidity risk under extremal dependence: Analysis with VaRs methods," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1830-1836.
- Araújo Santos, P. & Fraga Alves, M.I., 2013. "Forecasting Value-at-Risk with a duration-based POT method," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 295-309.
- Manel Youssef & Lotfi Belkacem & Khaled Mokni, 2015. "Extreme Value Theory and long-memory-GARCH Framework: Application to Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(8), pages 371-388, August.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial risk management; value-at-risk; VaR estimation; extreme value theory; EVT; conditional EVT; backtesting; peaks over threshold; block maxima; market risks; stock markets; extreme losses; forecasting.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijmefi:v:1:y:2008:i:2:p:121-148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmel O'Grady). General contact details of provider: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=218 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.