An analysis of Indiaâ€™s bilateral intra-industry trade in agricultural products
This study attempts to analyse the extent of intra-industry trade (IIT) in Indiaâ€™s agricultural trade. This study showed that the agricultural trade between India and its two major trading partners, the USA and European Union, was mainly inter-industry in nature. However, there was a mild tendency for IIT to increase during the period of 2000â€“2008. The marginal intra-industry trade calculated for trade between both the partners indicated that the export was expanding at the cost of imports.
Volume (Year): 4 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1/2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID==310|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang Jing & Nuno Carlos Leitão & Horácio C. Faustino, 2010. "Intra-Industry Trade in Agricultural Products: The Case of China," Working Papers Department of Economics 2010/06, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Ashok Gulati, 2002. "Indian Agriculture in a Globalizing World," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 754-761.
- David Greenaway & Robert Hine & Chris Milner, 1994. "Country-specific factors and the pattern of horizontal and vertical intra-industry trade in the UK," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(1), pages 77-100, March.
- Veeramani C, 2001.
"India's intra-industry trade under economic liberalization: Trends and country specific factors,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
313, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Veeramani C, 2010. "India's Intra- Industry Trade Under Economic Liberalization: Trends and Country Specific Factors," Working Papers id:2967, eSocialSciences.
- Clive Hamilton & Paul Kniest, 1991. "Trade liberalisation, structural adjustment and intra-industry trade: A note," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(2), pages 356-367, June.
- Marius Brülhart, 1994. "Marginal intra-industry trade: Measurement and relevance for the pattern of industrial adjustment," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(3), pages 600-613, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijecbr:v:4:y:2012:i:1/2:p:83-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Langley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.