Working Capital Management in Czech SMEs: An Econometric Approach
In this paper we investigate the relationship of working capital management and corporate profitability on a sample of Czech small and medium firms. Capital structure and working capital management are two areas widely investigated by economic researchers in order to investigate forces determining profitability of firms. We use an initial sample of 3053 Czech SMEs for the period of 2009-2012 and we employ the panel data methodology to find whether there is the statically significant relationship between profitability and components of working capital â€“ mainly inventories, receivables and payables and other variables based on the previous literature.
Volume (Year): 1 (2014)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://icesba.eu|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ers:journl:v:xvi:y:2013:i:sisme:p:79-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc Deloof, 2003. "Does Working Capital Management Affect Profitability of Belgian Firms?," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3-4), pages 573-588.
- Irena Jindrichovska & Erginbay Ugurlu & Dana Kubickova, 2013. "Changes in Capital Structure of Czech SMEs: A Dynamic Panel Data Approach," Ekonomika a Management, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2013(3), pages 6-26.
- Christopher F Baum, 2001. "Residual diagnostics for cross-section time series regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 1(1), pages 101-104, November.
- Irena Jindrichovska, 2013. "Financial Management in SMEs," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 79-96.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icb:wpaper:v:1:y:2014:i:1:311-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocsana Bucea-Manea-Tonis)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.