Studying the Effect of Market Competition on the Auditing Fees and the Operational Costs Efficiency as the Agency Costs Indexes
In the study the effect of market competition on the agency costs was examined in the companies listed in Tehran stock exchange; hence, 56 companies were examined in 2005–2010. The selected approach benefits from Panel Data to test the hypotheses and the natural logarithm of auditing fees and operational costs ratio were considered to calculate the agency costs. The findings indicate that there is significant relation between the competition effect in the product market and agency costs when the confidence rate is 95 percent; also the findings indicate that the debt rate has no significant effect on the agency costs.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Esther Gal-Or, 1997. "Multiprincipal Agency Relationships as Implied by Product Market Competition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 235-256, 06.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Srinivasan, Shaker B., 1999.
"Does product market competition reduce agency costs?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 387-399.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Shaker B. Srinivasan, 2000. "Does Product Market Competition Reduce Agency Costs?," NBER Working Papers 7480, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Karuna, Christo, 2007. "Industry product market competition and managerial incentives," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 275-297, July.
- W. V. Harlow & John S. Howe, 1993. "Leveraged Buyouts and Insider Nontrading," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(1), Spring.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:2:p:679-702 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Kate Jelinek, 2009. "The nonlinear relation between agency costs and managerial equity ownership: Evidence of decreasing benefits of increasing ownership," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 156-178, April.
- Waresul Karim, A. K. M. & Moizer, Peter, 1996. "Determinants of audit fees in Bangladesh," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 497-509.
- Preston R. Fee & Hugo M. Mialon & Michael A. Williams, 2004. "What Is a Barrier to Entry?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 461-465, May.
- James S. Ang & Rebel A. Cole & James Wuh Lin, 2000. "Agency Costs and Ownership Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 81-106, 02.
- Taylor, Mark H. & Simon, Daniel T., 1999. "Determinants of audit fees: the importance of litigation, disclosure, and regulatory burdens in audit engagements in 20 countries," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 375-388, 08. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hur:ijaraf:v:3:y:2013:i:3:p:95-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.