Development induced displacement: A data miï»¿ï»¿ning approach towards vulnerability and impoverishment risks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cernea, Michael, 1997. "The risks and reconstruction model for resettling displaced populations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1569-1587, October.
- Sean-Shong Hwang & Yue Cao & Juan Xi, 2011. "The Short-Term Impact of Involuntary Migration in China’s Three Gorges: A Prospective Study," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 101(1), pages 73-92, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Randell, Heather, 2016. "The short-term impacts of development-induced displacement on wealth and subjective well-being in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 385-400.
- Cao, Yue & Hwang, Sean-Shong & Xi, Juan, 2012. "Project-induced displacement, secondary stressors, and health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(7), pages 1130-1138.
- Patil, Vikram & Ghosh, Ranjan & Kathuria, Vinish & Farrell, Katharine N., 2020. "Money, Land or self-employment? Understanding preference heterogeneity in landowners’ choices for compensation under land acquisition in India," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Bidhan Kanti Das & Nabanita Guha, 2016. "How do Women Respond in the Context of Acquisition of Agricultural Land? A Micro Level Study in Semi-urban South Bengal, India," Indian Journal of Human Development, , vol. 10(2), pages 253-269, August.
- Patil, Vikram S. & Ghosh, Ranjan, 2015. "Farmer Displacement and Marginalization: A Transaction Cost Explanation from an Irrigation Project in India," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 229378, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nicholas K. Tagliarino & Yakubu A. Bununu & Magbagbeola O. Micheal & Marcello De Maria & Akintobi Olusanmi, 2018. "Compensation for Expropriated Community Farmland in Nigeria: An In-Depth Analysis of the Laws and Practices Related to Land Expropriation for the Lekki Free Trade Zone in Lagos," Land, MDPI, vol. 7(1), pages 1-38, February.
- Marcin WiÅ›niewski & Krzysztof Å yskawa, 2020. "Development Impact Bonds in Financing Flood Risk Management," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business (continues Analele Stiintifice), Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 67(4), pages 437-452, December.
- Reddy, A Amarender, 2018. "(2018) Involuntary Resettlement as an Opportunity for Development: The Case of Urban Resettlers of the New Tehri Town, Journal of Land and Rural Studies 6(2) 1–25," AgriXiv szu6a, Center for Open Science.
- Julia Kloos & Niklas Baumert, 2015. "Preventive resettlement in anticipation of sea level rise: a choice experiment from Alexandria, Egypt," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 76(1), pages 99-121, March.
- Tom Ogwang & Frank Vanclay, 2019. "Social Impacts of Land Acquisition for Oil and Gas Development in Uganda," Land, MDPI, vol. 8(7), pages 1-15, July.
- Jana, Arnab & Sarkar, Ahana & Bardhan, Ronita, 2020. "Analysing outdoor airflow and pollution as a parameter to assess the compatibility of mass-scale low-cost residential development," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Rahmat Aris Pratomo & D. Ary A. Samsura & Erwin van der Krabben, 2022. "Living on the Edge: Comparing the Quality of Life Transformation of Local Communities Induced by New Town Development in Different Peri-Urban Areas," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(20), pages 1-24, October.
- Annah E. Piggott-McKellar & Karen E. McNamara & Patrick D. Nunn & Seci T. Sekinini, 2019. "Moving People in a Changing Climate: Lessons from Two Case Studies in Fiji," Social Sciences, MDPI, vol. 8(5), pages 1-17, April.
- Angelo Jonas Imperiale & Frank Vanclay, 2021. "Conceptualizing community resilience and the social dimensions of risk to overcome barriers to disaster risk reduction and sustainable development," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(5), pages 891-905, September.
- Robson Mandishekwa, 2021. "Rethinking mining as a development panacea: an analytical review," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 34(1), pages 151-162, April.
- Yaozu Xue & Lei Huang, 2019. "Factors influencing the livelihoods of ecological migrants in coal mined-out areas in China," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 1853-1867, August.
- Wu, Jiayu & Wu, Gefei & Zheng, Tianli & Zhang, Xiaobin & Zhou, Kan, 2020. "Value capture mechanisms, transaction costs, and heritage conservation: A case study of Sanjiangyuan National Park, China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
- Qian, Zhu & Xue, Jianhong, 2017. "Small town urbanization in Western China: Villager resettlement and integration in Xi’an," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 152-159.
- Juan Xi & Sean-Shong Hwang, 2011. "Relocation Stress, Coping, and Sense of Control Among Resettlers Resulting from China’s Three Gorges Dam Project," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 104(3), pages 507-522, December.
- Lihui Chen, 2008. "Contradictions in Dam Building in Yunnan, China," China Report, , vol. 44(2), pages 97-110, May.
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment-induced Displacement; Data mining; Cluster Analysis; Vulnerability; Impoverishment.;
All these keywords.
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C38 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Classification Methdos; Cluster Analysis; Principal Components; Factor Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gok:ijdcv1:v:9:y:2019:i:2:p:249-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gipepin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gipepin.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.