Early Warning to Insolvency in the Pension Fund: The French Case
The financial equilibrium of pension funds relies on the appropriate computation of retirement benefits, taking account of future payments and discount rates. Short-term errors in the commitment for retirement benefits, ill-suited investment in the stock market, or improper mixture with pay-as-you-go payments have long-term consequences and may lead the pension fund to insolvency. The differential equation governing the current assets shows the respective weights associated with the error on the interest rate, the error on the extra bonus, and the error made in forecasting mortality. These weights are estimated through simulations. A short follow-up is sufficient to estimate the three errors. A threshold for the extra interest rate to be earned on the financial market is given to counter-balance the extra bonus when mortality is forecast correctly.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bowers, Newton Jr. & Hickman, James C. & Nesbitt, Cecil J., 1982. "Notes on the dynamics of pension funding," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 261-270, October.
- Møller,Thomas & Steffensen,Mogens, 2007. "Market-Valuation Methods in Life and Pension Insurance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521868778, 1.
- Christian Gollier, 2007.
"Intergenerational Risk-Sharing and Risk-Taking of a Pension Fund,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1969, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gollier, Christian, 2008. "Intergenerational risk-sharing and risk-taking of a pension fund," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1463-1485, June.
- Gollier, Christian, 2007. "Intergenerational Risk-Sharing and Risk-Taking of a Pension Fund," IDEI Working Papers 42, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Blake, David, 1998. "Pension schemes as options on pension fund assets: implications for pension fund management," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 263-286, December.
- Campbell, John Y. & Viceira, Luis M., 2002. "Strategic Asset Allocation: Portfolio Choice for Long-Term Investors," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296942, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jrisks:v:1:y:2013:i:1:p:1-13:d:22969. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.