Asset price bubbles and counter-cyclical monetary policy: Why central banks have been wrong and what should be done
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Palley, 2003. "Asset Price Bubbles and the Case for Asset-Based Reserve Requirements," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 53-72.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1999. "The Future of Monetary Policy: The Central Bank as an Army With Only a Signal Corps," NBER Working Papers 7420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1999. "The Future of Monetary Policy: The Central Bank as an Army with Only a Signal Corps?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 321-338, November.
- Thomas Palley, 2004. "Asset-based reserve requirements: reasserting domestic monetary control in an era of financial innovation and instability," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 43-58.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eckhard Hein & Achim Truger & Till van Treeck, 2011. "The European Financial and Economic Crisis: Alternative Solutions from a (Post-) Keynesian Perspective," IMK Working Paper 9-2011, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Hein, Eckhard, 2012.
"Finance-dominated capitalism, re-distribution and the financial and economic crises: A European perspective,"
IPE Working Papers
14/2012, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hein, Eckhard, 2012. "Finance-dominated capitalism, re-distribution and the financial and economic crises - a European perspective," MPRA Paper 35903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:mes:postke:v:35:y:2012:i:2:p:187-213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eckhard Hein & Achim Truger, 2012.
"Finance-dominated capitalism in crisis—the case for a global Keynesian New Deal,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 187-213.
- Hein, Eckhard & Truger, Achim, 2010. "Finance-dominated capitalism in crisis – the case for a Global Keynesian New Deal," MPRA Paper 21175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hein, Eckhard & Truger, Achim, 2010. "Finance-dominated capitalism in crisis: The case for a Global Keynesian New Deal," IPE Working Papers 06/2010, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Thomas I. Palley, 2015. "Monetary Policy at the Zero Lower Bound and After: A Reassessment of Quantitative Easing and Critique of the Federal Reserve's Proposed Exit Strategy," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2014.
"Coping with imbalances in the Euro area: Policy alternatives addressing divergences and disparities between member countries,"
wpaper63, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2014. "Coping with Imbalances in the Euro Area: Policy Alternatives Addressing Divergences and Disparities between Member Countries," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_816, Levy Economics Institute.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2015. "Post-Keynesian Alternative Policies to Curb Macroeconomic Imbalances in the Euro Area," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 62(2), pages 217-236, June.
- Eckhard Hein, 2012. "The Macroeconomics of Finance-Dominated Capitalism – and its Crisis," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14931.
- Eckhard Hein, 2013.
"The crisis of finance-dominated capitalism in the euro area, deficiencies in the economic policy architecture, and deflationary stagnation policies,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 325-354.
- Eckhard Hein, 2012. "The Crisis of Finance-dominated Capitalism in the Euro Area: Deficiencies in the Economic Policy Architecture and Deflationary Stagnation Policies," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_734, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
Keywordsasset price bubbles; asset based reserve requirements;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:ejeepi:v:7:y:2010:i:1:p:91-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katie Smith). General contact details of provider: http://www.elgaronline.com/ejeep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.