The informal sector elephant
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scully, Gerald W, 1988. "The Institutional Framework and Economic Development," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 652-662, June.
- Tokman, Victor E., 1989. "Policies for a heterogeneous informal sector in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1067-1076, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saif asif Khan & Sajawal Khan, 2011. "Optimal Taxation, Inflation and the Formal and Informal Sectors," SBP Working Paper Series 40, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Samuel Freije, 2002. "El empleo informal en América Latina y el Caribe: Causas, consecuencias y recomendaciones de política," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 53018, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Gindling, T.H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2005. "The effect of minimum wages on actual wages in formal and informal sectors in Costa Rica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1905-1921, November.
- Guang, Y., 1999. "Facing unemployment : urban layoffs and the way out in post-reform China (1993-1999) : an empirical and theoretical analysis," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19053, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Ghosh, Jayati. & Sengupta, Amitayu. & Roychoudhury, Anamitra., 2008. "The impact of macroeconomic change on employment in the retail sector in India : policy implications for growth, sectoral change and employment," ILO Working Papers 994132343402676, International Labour Organization.
- Michael Grimm & Rolph van der Hoeven & Jann Lay & Francois Roubaud, 2012. "Neubewertung des informellen Sektors und Unternehmertums in Sub-Sahara-Afrika," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 81(3), pages 69-83.
- Grimm, Michael & Knorringa, Peter & Lay, Jann, 2012.
"Constrained Gazelles: High Potentials in West Africa’s Informal Economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1352-1368.
- Grimm, Michael & Knorringa, Peter & Lay, Jann, 2012. "Constrained gazelles : high potentials in West Africa's informal economy," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 77926, The World Bank.
- Grimm, M. & Knorringa, P. & Lay, J., 2012. "Constrained gazelles. High potentials in West Africa’s informal economy," ISS Working Papers - General Series 537, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- repec:rfa:aefjnl:v:4:y:2017:i:6:p:53-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Justin van der Sluis & Mirjam van Praag & Wim Vijverberg, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Selection and Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-046/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 24 Sep 2004.
- Amin, Mohammad & Islam, Asif, 2015. "Are Large Informal Firms More Productive than the Small Informal Firms? Evidence from Firm-Level Surveys in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 374-385.
- Kapeliushnikov, I., 2013. "Informality in the Russian Labor Market: What Do Alternative Definitions Tell Us?," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 52-83.
- Rothenberg, Alexander D. & Gaduh, Arya & Burger, Nicholas E. & Chazali, Charina & Tjandraningsih, Indrasari & Radikun, Rini & Sutera, Cole & Weilant, Sarah, 2016. "Rethinking Indonesia’s Informal Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 96-113.
- Webb, Justin W. & Bruton, Garry D. & Tihanyi, Laszlo & Ireland, R. Duane, 2013. "Research on entrepreneurship in the informal economy: Framing a research agenda," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 598-614.
- Lahimer, Noomen, 2009. "La contribution des investissements directs étrangers à la réduction de la pauvreté en Afrique subsaharienne," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/1167 edited by Goaied, Mohamed & Bienaymé, Alain, October.
- Melanie Khamis, 2012. "A Note On Informality In The Labour Market," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 894-908, October.
- Bezu, Sosina & Holden, Stein, 2015. "Street based self-employment: A poverty trap or a stepping stone for migrant youth in Africa?," CLTS Working Papers 4/15, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Sleuwaegen, Leo & Goedhuys, Micheline, 2002. "Growth of firms in developing countries, evidence from Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 117-135, June.
- Yvan Guichaoua (CRISE/QEH), "undated". "Non-protected Labour in one West African Capital: Characteristics of Jobs and Occupational Mobility in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire," QEH Working Papers qehwps132, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0010-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mumbunan, Sonny & Wahyudi, Riko, 2016. "Revenue loss from legal timber in Indonesia," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 115-123.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:413234 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takao FUKUCHI, 1998. "A Simulation Analysis Of The Urban Informal Sector," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 36(3), pages 225-256, September.
- Murphy, James T., 2007. "The Challenge of Upgrading in African Industries: Socio-Spatial Factors and the Urban Environment in Mwanza, Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1754-1778, October.
- Bigsten, Arne & Kimuyu, Peter & Lundvall, Karl, 2000. "Informality, Ethnicity and Productivity: Evidence from Small Manufacturers in Kenya," Working Papers in Economics 27, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:24:y:1996:i:10:p:1611-1619. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.