The application of generational theory to tourism consumer behavior: An American perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roger Shepard, 1974. "Representation of structure in similarity data: Problems and prospects," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 39(4), pages 373-421, December.
- Xiang, Zheng & Gretzel, Ulrike, 2010. "Role of social media in online travel information search," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 179-188.
- Frank Busing & Patrick Groenen & Willem Heiser, 2005. "Avoiding degeneracy in multidimensional unfolding by penalizing on the coefficient of variation," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 71-98, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emil Juvan & Doris Gomezelj Omerzel & Maja Uran Maravic, 2017. "Tourist Behaviour: An Overview of Models to Date," MIC 2017: Managing the Global Economy; Proceedings of the Joint International Conference, Monastier di Treviso, Italy, 24–27 May 2017,, University of Primorska Press.
- Luis Manuel Ruiz-Gómez & Julio Navío-Marco & Luisa Fernanda Rodríguez-Hevía, 2018. "Dynamics of digital tourism’s consumers in the EU," Information Technology & Tourism, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 59-81, December.
- Timothy H. Reisenwitz & Jie G. Fowler, 2019. "Information Sources and the Tourism Decision-making Process: An Examination of Generation X and Generation Y Consumers," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 20(6), pages 1372-1392, December.
- AVRAM Emanuela & HAYDAM Norbert & NEGRICEA Iliuta Costel & EDU Tudor, 2019. "Measuring the intention to return to a foreign tourism destination in the cases of two age layers of Generation Y - a logistic regression-centred approach. Evidence from Romania and South Africa," European Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, Bucharest Economic Academy, issue 01, March.
- Magdalena Swart & Gerhard Roodt, 2015. "Market segmentation variables as moderators in the prediction of business tourist retention," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 9(3), pages 491-513, September.
- Molinillo, Sebastian & Liébana-Cabanillas, Francisco & Anaya-Sánchez, Rafael & Buhalis, Dimitrios, 2018. "DMO online platforms: Image and intention to visit," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 116-130.
- Norbert Haydam & Theodor Purcarea & Tudor Edu & Iliuta Costel Negricea, 2017. "Explaining Satisfaction at a Foreign Tourism Destination – an Intra-Generational Approach. Evidence within Generation Y from South Africa and Romania," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(45), pages 528-528, May.
- Japutra, Arnold & Kumar Roy, Sanjit & Pham, Tram-Anh N., 2021. "Relating brand anxiety, brand hatred and obsess: Moderating role of age and brand affection," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Bernini, Cristina & Cracolici, Maria Francesca, 2015. "Demographic change, tourism expenditure and life cycle behaviour," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 191-205.
- Anneli Douglas & Berendien Lubbe & Adrene Rooyen, 2018. "Business travellers’ use of mobile travel applications: a generational analysis," Information Technology & Tourism, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 113-132, April.
- Pelau Corina & Chinie Alexandra Catalina, 2018. "Clusters of Tourism Consumers in Romania," Studia Universitatis „Vasile Goldis” Arad – Economics Series, Sciendo, vol. 28(1), pages 17-34, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mahan, Joseph E. & Seo, Won Jae & Jordan, Jeremy S. & Funk, Daniel, 2015. "Exploring the impact of social networking sites on running involvement, running behavior, and social life satisfaction," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 182-192.
- Phipps Arabie, 1978. "The difference between “several” and “single”: A reply to Spence and Young," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 119-119, March.
- Tao Liu & Ying Zhang & Huan Zhang & Xiping Yang, 2021. "A Methodological Workflow for Deriving the Association of Tourist Destinations Based on Online Travel Reviews: A Case Study of Yunnan Province, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(9), pages 1-15, April.
- Ahmed Ibrahim Alzahrani & T. Ramayah & Nalini Suppiah & Osama Alfarraj & Nasser Alalwan, 2020. "Modeling Blog Usage From a Developing Country Perspective Using Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(3), pages 21582440209, July.
- Krakover, Shaul & Corsale, Andrea, 2021. "Sieving tourism destinations: Decision-making processes and destination choice implications," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 33-43.
- Qu, Hailin & Lee, Haeyoung, 2011. "Travelers’ social identification and membership behaviors in online travel community," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1262-1270.
- Benjamin Appiah Osei & Ama Nyenkua Abenyin, 2016. "Applying the Engell–Kollat–Blackwell model in understanding international tourists’ use of social media for travel decision to Ghana," Information Technology & Tourism, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 265-284, September.
- Antoniadis, Konstantinos & Grougiou, Vasiliki & Zafiropoulos, Kostas & Vrana, Vasiliki & Theocharidis, Anastasios Ioannis, 2018. "The use of Facebook and Twitter by DMOs in Europe," MPRA Paper 98936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tomasz Stanisław Szopiński & Robert Nowacki, 2014. "Plane Ticket Price Dispersion in the Online Selling System in Poland," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 8(2), June.
- Torres, Juan Pablo & Barrera, Jose Ignacio & Kunc, Martin & Charters, Steve, 2021. "The dynamics of wine tourism adoption in Chile," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 474-485.
- Chen, Xuqi & Gao, Zhifeng & House, Lisa, 2016. "Own and Cross-effect of Social Media on Demand for Fresh Produce: A Case of Consumer Preference for California versus Florida Strawberry," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230137, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Paolo Enria, 2012. "Local identity and food and wine communication as a lever for place marketing," CERIS Working Paper 201208, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Saridakis, George & Benson, Vladlena & Ezingeard, Jean-Noel & Tennakoon, Hemamali, 2016. "Individual information security, user behaviour and cyber victimisation: An empirical study of social networking users," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 320-330.
- Sparks, Beverley A. & Perkins, Helen E. & Buckley, Ralf, 2013. "Online travel reviews as persuasive communication: The effects of content type, source, and certification logos on consumer behavior," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-9.
- Sparks, Beverley A. & So, Kevin Kam Fung & Bradley, Graham L., 2016. "Responding to negative online reviews: The effects of hotel responses on customer inferences of trust and concern," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 74-85.
- DeSarbo, Wayne S. & Selin Atalay, A. & Blanchard, Simon J., 2009.
"A three-way clusterwise multidimensional unfolding procedure for the spatial representation of context dependent preferences,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 3217-3230, June.
- Selin Atalay & Wayne Desarbo & Simon Blanchard, 2009. "A three-way clusterwise multidimensional unfolding procedure for the spatial representation of context dependent preferences," Post-Print hal-00458377, HAL.
- Thomas Darley & Claire Lambert & Maria Ryan, 2017. "Grey Nomads’ caravanning use of social networking sites," Information Technology & Tourism, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 379-398, December.
- Tribe, John & Mkono, Muchazondida, 2017. "Not such smart tourism? The concept of e-lienation," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 105-115.
- Yoo, Chul Woo & Goo, Jahyun & Huang, C. Derrick & Nam, Kichan & Woo, Mina, 2017. "Improving travel decision support satisfaction with smart tourism technologies: A framework of tourist elaboration likelihood and self-efficacy," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 330-341.
- Sunyoung Hlee & Hanna Lee & Chulmo Koo, 2018. "Hospitality and Tourism Online Review Research: A Systematic Analysis and Heuristic-Systematic Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-27, April.
More about this item
KeywordsGenerational theory; Tourism consumption systems (TCS); International tourist behavior; Perceptual mapping techniques;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:37:y:2013:i:c:p:147-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.