Ecotourism experiences reported online: Classification of satisfaction attributes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chrysanthos Dellarocas, 2003. "The Digitization of Word of Mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(10), pages 1407-1424, October.
- Dellarocas, Chrysanthos, 2003. "The Digitization of Word-of-mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Working papers 4296-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stepchenkova, Svetlana & Zhan, Fangzi, 2013. "Visual destination images of Peru: Comparative content analysis of DMO and user-generated photography," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 590-601.
- Koen Arts & Maiara Thaisa Oliveira Rabelo & Daniela Maimoni De Figueiredo & Georgina Maffey & Antonio Augusto Rossotto Ioris & Pierre Girard, 2018. "Online and Offline Representations of Biocultural Diversity: A Political Ecology Perspective on Nature-Based Tourism and Indigenous Communities in the Brazilian Pantanal," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-20, October.
- F. J. Cristófol & Gorka Zamarreño Aramendia & Jordi de-San-Eugenio-Vela, 2020. "Effects of Social Media on Enotourism. Two Cases Study: Okanagan Valley (Canada) and Somontano (Spain)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-19, August.
- Guerreiro, Cátia & Viegas, Margarida & Guerreiro, Manuela, 2019. "Social Networks And Digital Influencers: Their Role In Customer Decision Journey In Tourism," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, Cinturs - Research Centre for Tourism, Sustainability and Well-being, University of Algarve, vol. 7(3), pages 240-260.
- Xiang, Zheng & Du, Qianzhou & Ma, Yufeng & Fan, Weiguo, 2017. "A comparative analysis of major online review platforms: Implications for social media analytics in hospitality and tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 51-65.
- Jaime Armando Alcocer Lizcano, 2013. "Competitividad en el sector turístico: una revisión de la literatura," Revista Lebret, Universidad Santo Tomás - Bucaramanga, vol. 5, pages 271-291, December.
- Guo, Yue & Barnes, Stuart J. & Jia, Qiong, 2017. "Mining meaning from online ratings and reviews: Tourist satisfaction analysis using latent dirichlet allocation," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 467-483.
- Berné Manero, Carmen & Ciobanu, Andreea V. & Pedraja Iglesias, Marta, 2020. "The electronic word of mouth as a context variable in the hotel management decision-making process," Cuadernos de Gestión, Universidad del País Vasco - Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa (IEAE).
- Wu, Mao-Ying & Pearce, Philip L., 2014. "Chinese recreational vehicle users in Australia: A netnographic study of tourist motivation," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 22-35.
- Hany Kim & Hyo Jae Joun & Yeongbae Choe & Ashley Schroeder, 2019. "How Can a Destination Better Manage Its Offering to Visitors? Observing Visitor Experiences via Online Reviews," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(17), pages 1-19, August.
- Sanyé-Mengual, Esther & Romanos, Héctor & Molina, Catalina & Oliver, M. Antònia & Ruiz, Núria & Pérez, Marta & Carreras, David & Boada, Martí & Garcia-Orellana, Jordi & Duch, Jordi & Rieradevall, Joan, 2014. "Environmental and self-sufficiency assessment of the energy metabolism of tourist hubs on Mediterranean Islands: The case of Menorca (Spain)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 377-387.
- Wu, Mao-Ying & Wall, Geoffrey & Pearce, Philip L., 2014. "Shopping experiences: International tourists in Beijing's Silk Market," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 96-106.
- Baka, Vasiliki, 2016. "The becoming of user-generated reviews: Looking at the past to understand the future of managing reputation in the travel sector," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 148-162.
- Jarvis, Diane & Stoeckl, Natalie & Liu, Hong-Bo, 2016. "The impact of economic, social and environmental factors on trip satisfaction and the likelihood of visitors returning," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-18.
- Zhang, Hong-yu & Ji, Pu & Wang, Jian-qiang & Chen, Xiao-hong, 2017. "A novel decision support model for satisfactory restaurants utilizing social information: A case study of TripAdvisor.com," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 281-297.
- Phillips, Paul & Zigan, Krystin & Santos Silva, Maria Manuela & Schegg, Roland, 2015. "The interactive effects of online reviews on the determinants of Swiss hotel performance: A neural network analysis," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 130-141.
- Pulina, Manuela & Santoni , Valentina, 2018. "Hotel online pricing policy: A review and a regional case study," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 42, pages 93-111.
- Zhang, Ye & Cole, Shu Tian, 2016. "Dimensions of lodging guest satisfaction among guests with mobility challenges: A mixed-method analysis of web-based texts," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 13-27.
- Alaa Shoukry & Fares Aldeek, 2020. "Attributes prediction from IoT consumer reviews in the hotel sectors using conventional neural network: deep learning techniques," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 223-240, June.
- Li Li & Shen mei Yuan & Nan Jiang, 2014. "An Analysis of the Influencing Factors of Customer Retention in Tourism Resort Industry: A Case Study of Lingnan Impression Park, Guangzhou, China," Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(2), pages 1-13.
- Sparks, Beverley A. & Perkins, Helen E. & Buckley, Ralf, 2013. "Online travel reviews as persuasive communication: The effects of content type, source, and certification logos on consumer behavior," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-9.
- Mehrbakhsh Nilashi & Abbas Mardani & Huchang Liao & Hossein Ahmadi & Azizah Abdul Manaf & Wafa Almukadi, 2019. "A Hybrid Method with TOPSIS and Machine Learning Techniques for Sustainable Development of Green Hotels Considering Online Reviews," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(21), pages 1-21, October.
- Huang, Chun-Che & Liang, Wen-Yau & Tseng, Tzu-Liang (Bill) & Wong, Ruo-Yin, 2015. "A rough set-based corporate memory for the case of ecotourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 22-33.
More about this item
KeywordsEcotourism; Content analysis; Costa Rica; Kruskal–Wallis test; Mann–Whitney U test; Satisfaction; TripAdvisor®; User-generated content (UGC);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:3:p:702-712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.