Diagnostic analysis for heterogeneous log-Birnbaum–Saunders regression models
In this paper, we introduce a class of heterogeneous log-Birnbaum–Saunders regression models where both the location parameter as well as the shape parameter can be modelled in terms of covariates. The maximum likelihood estimates of parameters are derived. In addition, diagnostic measures are studied based on the case-deletion approach and the local influence approach. Finally, one real example from the medical area is used to illustrate shape parameter modelling and the diagnostic methods.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ng, H. K. T. & Kundu, D. & Balakrishnan, N., 2003. "Modified moment estimation for the two-parameter Birnbaum-Saunders distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 283-298, July.
- Xie, Feng-Chang & Wei, Bo-Cheng, 2007. "Diagnostics analysis for log-Birnbaum-Saunders regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4692-4706, May.
- Wang, Zhihui & Desmond, A.F. & Lu, Xuewen, 2006. "Modified censored moment estimation for the two-parameter Birnbaum-Saunders distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 1033-1051, February.
- Manuel Galea & Victor Leiva-Sanchez & Gilberto Paula, 2004. "Influence Diagnostics in log-Birnbaum-Saunders Regression Models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1049-1064.
- Hong-Tu Zhu & Sik-Yum Lee, 2001. "Local influence for incomplete data models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(1), pages 111-126.
- Leiva, Victor & Barros, Michelli & Paula, Gilberto A. & Galea, Manuel, 2007. "Influence diagnostics in log-Birnbaum-Saunders regression models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 5694-5707, August.
- Artur J. Lemonte & Alexandre G. Patriota, 2011. "Influence diagnostics in Birnbaum--Saunders nonlinear regression models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 871-884, February.
- Cysneiros, Francisco José A. & Paula, Gilberto A. & Galea, Manuel, 2007. "Heteroscedastic symmetrical linear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(11), pages 1084-1090, June.
- Galea, Manuel & Paula, Gilberto A. & Cysneiros, Francisco José A., 2005. "On diagnostics in symmetrical nonlinear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(4), pages 459-467, July.
- Hao Qu & Feng‐Chang Xie, 2011. "Diagnostics analysis for log‐Birnbaum–Saunders regression models with censored data," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 65(1), pages 1-21, 02.
- Tang, Nian-Sheng & Wei, Bo-Cheng & Wang, Xue-Ren, 2000. "Influence diagnostics in nonlinear reproductive dispersion models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 59-68, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:9:p:1690-1698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.