Diagnostic procedures in Birnbaum–Saunders nonlinear regression models
This paper proposes a general definition of residuals for Birnbaum–Saunders nonlinear regression models by studying their statistical properties analytically and using Monte Carlo experiments. Also, some diagnostic procedures are derived based on case-deletion and mean-shift outlier models such as one-step approximation, likelihood displacement, generalized Cook’s distance, outlier tests and some measures for identifying influential observations on partial F-test. A test for homogeneity of shape parameter is also developed. Residuals and influence diagnostic tools are illustrated by means of an example that allows us to relate the response variable lifetime of a metal piece and the explanatory variable work per cycle. Three models were compared to fit the dataset, two of them with nonlinear systematic components.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 56 (2012)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xie, Feng-Chang & Wei, Bo-Cheng & Lin, Jin-Guan, 2009. "Homogeneity diagnostics for skew-normal nonlinear regression models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(6), pages 821-827, March.
- Vanegas, Luis Hernando & Cysneiros, Francisco José A., 2010. "Assessment of diagnostic procedures in symmetrical nonlinear regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1002-1016, April.
- Xie, Feng-Chang & Wei, Bo-Cheng, 2007. "Diagnostics analysis for log-Birnbaum-Saunders regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4692-4706, May.
- Sun, Rui-Bo & Wei, Bo-Cheng, 2004. "On influence assessment for LAD regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 97-110, April.
- Wei, Wen Hsiang & Fung, Wing Kam, 1999. "The mean-shift outlier model in general weighted regression and its applications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 429-441, June.
- Manuel Galea & Victor Leiva-Sanchez & Gilberto Paula, 2004. "Influence Diagnostics in log-Birnbaum-Saunders Regression Models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(9), pages 1049-1064.
- Cysneiros, Francisco José A. & Vanegas, Luis Hernando, 2008. "Residuals and their statistical properties in symmetrical nonlinear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(18), pages 3269-3273, December.
- Bo-Cheng Wei & Jian-Qing Shi & Wing-Kam Fung & Yue-Qing Hu, 1998. "Testing for Varying Dispersion in Exponential Family Nonlinear Models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 50(2), pages 277-294, June.
- Lemonte, Artur J. & Cordeiro, Gauss M., 2009. "Birnbaum-Saunders nonlinear regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(12), pages 4441-4452, October.
- Artur J. Lemonte & Alexandre G. Patriota, 2011. "Influence diagnostics in Birnbaum--Saunders nonlinear regression models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 871-884, February.
- Leiva, Victor & Barros, Michelli & Paula, Gilberto A. & Galea, Manuel, 2007. "Influence diagnostics in log-Birnbaum-Saunders regression models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 5694-5707, August.
- Tang, Nian-Sheng & Wei, Bo-Cheng & Wang, Xue-Ren, 2000. "Influence diagnostics in nonlinear reproductive dispersion models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 59-68, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:6:p:1662-1680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.